nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
mkbee1

West Valley, US
664 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mkbee1 Registered since 26th Nov 2012
Thu 14-Feb-13 12:53 AM

Confused? A bit...The Nikon D 90 manual mentions in passing there is Auto sharpening, (Which I just found.) and levels 0-9. Default appears to be + 2 or 3.

In his D 90 user's manual, Ken Rockwell recommends Standard and +3 for people and presumably, general subjects.

The Magic Lantern D90 Guide says the D90 is appears "soft" in JPEG images, which is what I shoot, and to use a setting of + 5 or 6.

I shot my D50 for years, probably at default, not knowing anything about sharpening, and I never had an unsharp image that wasn't my fault.

What settings does everybody else use for sharpening? I have seen images that I thought were over-sharpened, and when I try sharpening in my photo editor, the images go all wonky at high settings. How do I avoid this en camera? Shall I just shoot in Auto and not worry about it?

Would the Nikonians' D90 manual be a good source for clearing up some of the fog I have generated, tryng to use the other manuals?

Thanx;
C.

It is a Fine and Pleasant Madness

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G