nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #252455
View in linear mode

Subject: "I can't figure out how to show date on the picture" Previous topic | Next topic
janicev Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Jul 2009Fri 08-Feb-13 03:51 AM
502 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"I can't figure out how to show date on the picture"

Duvall, US

Hi all - hope someone can help me with this. I need to show the date taken on each image in a series of pictures. I can find the date taken easily enough in the camera data, but I can't figure out how to make it appear on the image. I really really appreciate any help!

thanks!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: I can't figure out how to show date on the picture
JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit.
08th Feb 2013
janicev Silver Member
08th Feb 2013
mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
08th Feb 2013
janicev Silver Member
09th Feb 2013
kentak Silver Member
10th Feb 2013

JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006Fri 08-Feb-13 10:06 AM
4910 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: I can't figure out how to show date on the picture"
In response to Reply # 0

Seattle, WA, US

This is not normally a feature found on DSLRs. I am pretty sure none of Nikon's do it.

There are probably ways to do it as post-processing automation in some of the higher-end editors like Photoshop or PaintShopPro.

---------+---------+---------+---------+---------+
Joseph K
Seattle, WA, USA

D700, D200, D70S, 24-70mm f/2.8, VR 70-200mm f/2.8 II,
50mm f/1.4 D, 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR, 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 DX

janicev Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Jul 2009Fri 08-Feb-13 08:11 PM
502 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: I can't figure out how to show date on the picture"
In response to Reply # 1

Duvall, US

thanks, i was afraid that was the case. i'll have to add it separately to each one then.

appreciate the response!!!

janice

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Fri 08-Feb-13 08:34 PM
6248 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: I can't figure out how to show date on the picture"
In response to Reply # 2

Tacoma, US

You might be able to do it with some software/s watermarking feature. I use PhotoMechanic for image management and browsing, and you can watermark images using the variables that reads the date shot from the exif data.

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

janicev Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Jul 2009Sat 09-Feb-13 06:16 AM
#4. "RE: I can't figure out how to show date on the picture"
In response to Reply # 3

Duvall, US

thanks! for now i have just inserted the date into each one of the little beggars. i will look into that for the next project.

kentak Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2010Sun 10-Feb-13 06:33 PM
924 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: I can't figure out how to show date on the picture"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Check this out.

http://www.betterjpeg.com/stamping.htm

Kent

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #252455 Previous topic | Next topic