Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #252357
View in linear mode

Subject: "Will Nikon SLR accessories work with my D70?" Previous topic | Next topic
Catadioptric Registered since 17th Jan 2013Thu 17-Jan-13 11:55 PM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Will Nikon SLR accessories work with my D70?"

Chico, US

Is a Nikon F Bellows Focusing Attachment PB-6 and/or a Nikon Teleconverter TC-14A compatible with my D70?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Will Nikon SLR accessories work with my D70?
Leonard62 Gold Member
18th Jan 2013
Leonard62 Gold Member
18th Jan 2013
Catadioptric
18th Jan 2013
Leonard62 Gold Member
18th Jan 2013
Catadioptric
18th Jan 2013
Leonard62 Gold Member
18th Jan 2013

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009Fri 18-Jan-13 12:33 PM
2712 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Will Nikon SLR accessories work with my D70?"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri 18-Jan-13 12:50 PM by Leonard62

US

Yes they will work fine but metering and focus will be manual only.

I have the PB-6 and I'm not sure about mounting. You may need to use an extension tube between the body and the bellows to eliminate hitting the prism housing or the hand grip. I'll try it on a couple of my older bodies. I know a tube is necessary for some of the Pro digital bodies.

Len

edit: OK. you don't need an extension tube but you need to mount the bellows in portrait position to avoid the hand grip. After it's mounted you can then rotate the bellows mount into the landscape position if you like. I just tried it on a D80 and a D200. Same result.

With a small extension tube you can mount the bellows in any position. A 20mm extension is fine. A 12mm extension is not quite enough.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009Fri 18-Jan-13 01:37 PM
2712 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Will Nikon SLR accessories work with my D70?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Just one more comment. Neither the bellows nor the TC-14A is compatible with G lenses. You need to use lenses that have an aperture ring, either an AI/AIS manual focus lens or an AF lens. What lenses were you planning to use?

Len

Catadioptric Registered since 17th Jan 2013Fri 18-Jan-13 02:41 PM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Will Nikon SLR accessories work with my D70?"
In response to Reply # 2

Chico, US

Thank you very much for the response and info. The only lens I have at present is an AF-S Nikkor 18-200mm 1:3.5-5.6 G ED.

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009Fri 18-Jan-13 03:15 PM
#4. "RE: Will Nikon SLR accessories work with my D70?"
In response to Reply # 3

US

The AFS 18-200mm won't work with the bellows or the TC-14A.

If you want a lens for the bellows I would recommend getting the AF 50mm f1.8D. It's a good focal length for macro photography on the bellows and will also work perfectly on your D70 as a low light companion to your zoom. On the bellows you still need to use an external meter and experiment with shutter speed and aperture settings. It will focus and meter just fine on the D70 body.

The TC-14A won't work on your zoom lens either. Actually I wouldn't use any TC on that zoom.

The TC-14A is used on manual focus lenses 200mm and below. It can also be used with AF lenses below 200mm in manual focus but without metering.

Len

Catadioptric Registered since 17th Jan 2013Fri 18-Jan-13 04:41 PM
#5. "RE: Will Nikon SLR accessories work with my D70?"
In response to Reply # 4

Chico, US

Thanks again for the help, Len.

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009Fri 18-Jan-13 05:17 PM
#6. "RE: Will Nikon SLR accessories work with my D70?"
In response to Reply # 5

US

Just one more time.

Here's what the D80-PB6-AF 50mm f1.8D look like at full extension.

And here is a photo taken with the setup above at full extension, a small portion of the back of a dime.

At minimum extension the whole dime will fit in the frame.

Len

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #252357 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.