Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #252355
View in linear mode

Subject: "recover memory card" Previous topic | Next topic
pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008Wed 16-Jan-13 08:53 PM
1408 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"recover memory card"
Wed 16-Jan-13 11:41 PM by pasknucklehead

US

NEVERMIND, GOT THEM! I still don't know what I did, but I did download a memory card recovery program and they found them, it doesn't say where they found them, but it did say they were deleted from the recycle bin. I don't know how that is even possible. The first place I checked WAS the recycle bin and they weren't there. But I have them so that is what matters. If you all wish, you can comment, but I have them....so I'm happy.

Hi everyone, well, I might be the "waterdrop queen", but when it comes to moving my pictures from my memory card to my desktop folder, I leave a lot to be desired..
Here's what I did, and now I'm lost. I put my memory card into my computer, it had only 15 pictures on it, 8 of which were my grandaughters first basketball awards show. I highlighted the first 8 pictures, moved them to a new folder on my desktop. They all moved, because I saw them moving. Then I went and renamed the folder.
Then I highlighted the rest that were on the card and moved them to "waterdrop folders" that always stay on my desktop.
So after awhile of messing with the drop folders, I thought I'd go back and take a look of the basketball pictures because I hadn't even had time to look at them. I opened the folder, and they are not there.
I was dumbfounded. And the crappy thing about it, I NEVER "move" my pictures from my card, I always copy until I am sure everything is where it is supposed to be. I think that since I was only working with 15 pictures on the card, I was careless and just "moved" them. Now, I'm sad because I know I can never go back and re-shoot those 8 pictures. One was of her coach and the others of her accepting her little tropy. I am sooooooo bummed.
I have looked at the sd memory card recovery programs, but they are greek to me when it comes to downloading then retriving and all that. Is there something that maybe I might have missed when looking for these pictures on my computer? They have got to be somewhere. I looked in all my waterdrop photos, I've looked in my documents, I've looked in the recycle bin, I've looked on every icon folder on my desktop and I can't find them. You would think if I accidentally deleting them, they would be in my recycle bin right? Any suggestions would be so greatly appreciated, especially since her mother is coming to look at them tomorrow...ouch!

Darlene

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Wapusk Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Sep 2007Fri 18-Jan-13 03:41 PM
52 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: recover memory card"
In response to Reply # 0

Brantford, CA

I have found that after I select objects to move an the move completes, if I don't de-select them. They will continue to be selected for the next action I choose in another folder on different objects such as copying photos from one folder to another. I fortunately did not lose my images. They just ended up in two different folders. So you are not alone. Glad you were able to recover them after all.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008Fri 18-Jan-13 09:17 PM
1408 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: recover memory card"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Thanks friend, yes, I'm glad I recovered them too. I still don't know what I did...I guess I'll pay more attention to it that's for sure.

Darlene

kendo1 Registered since 19th Dec 2012Mon 21-Jan-13 09:19 AM
17 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: recover memory card"
In response to Reply # 2

GB

For others who might have the same problem try using avira unerase, it's a freeware program. I download from majorgeeks.

It can find files that have been deleted and can recover files from formatted cards.

Ken

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #252355 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.