Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #252282
View in linear mode

Subject: "D90 - display question" Previous topic | Next topic
kiwi_in_aussie Registered since 03rd Jan 2013Thu 03-Jan-13 06:46 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D90 - display question"

AU

Hi everyone,

I'm a new D90 user, so please be patient with my probably silly question! :-)

When I enter playback mode, I can get it into thumbnail view, with 4 on the screen or 9 on the screen by using the magnifying glass button with the - in the middle (has ISO above it). I can then go larger from 9 to 4 to 1 on the screen using the button with the + (with QUAL) above it.

When it gets to 1 on the screen, it has the histogram with red/green etc graph on it. I used to be able to just have the photo and no histogram, but I have clearly done something to the camera as I am now stuck with the graph and can't get rid of it. I think I must be having a blond moment becuase I can't figure out how to get rid of it when I read through the manual either.

Help! :-)

Angela.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D90 - display question
kiwi_in_aussie
03rd Jan 2013
MEMcD Moderator
03rd Jan 2013
quenton8 Silver Member
04th Jan 2013
mkbee1 Silver Member
06th Jan 2013
JosephK Silver Member
03rd Jan 2013
D90thomas
07th Jan 2013

kiwi_in_aussie Registered since 03rd Jan 2013Thu 03-Jan-13 06:48 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D90 - display question"
In response to Reply # 0

AU

OK...oopsy!

As soon as I posted that, I discovered how to do it and feel quite embarrased at how easy it was!

Thanks again for your patience!

Ange.

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Thu 03-Jan-13 10:57 PM
26397 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D90 - display question"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Hi Angela,

Welcome to Nikonians!
Glad to hear you figured it out.

There is no reason to be embarrassed.
Asking questions is how we learn.
The only stupid question is the one that was never asked.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional. Nikonian since 11th Apr 2010Fri 04-Jan-13 05:37 PM
1275 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D90 - display question"
In response to Reply # 1
Fri 04-Jan-13 05:38 PM by quenton8

Toronto, CA

>OK...oopsy!
>
>As soon as I posted that, I discovered how to do it and feel
>quite embarrased at how easy it was!
>
>Thanks again for your patience!
>
>Ange.

When I think back over questions I posted a few years ago when I first got my D90 its tempting to feel embarrassed -- but its a big learning curve if this is your first DSLR and being able to ask can enhance the experience mightily.

Many of us were there not that long ago, and most (all) are happy to communicate with a new user!!

----
Dennis Smith.

mkbee1 Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Nov 2012Sun 06-Jan-13 03:34 PM
637 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D90 - display question"
In response to Reply # 1

West Valley, US

Yep! Happened to me too!(More than once.) That's a natural result of owning cameras that are smarter than we are Getting to know a new camera is a real challenge.

Carl

It is a Fine and Pleasant Madness

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006Thu 03-Jan-13 06:50 AM
4612 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D90 - display question"
In response to Reply # 0

Seattle, WA, US

Using the four-way rocker switch: left-right vs up-down.
One moves to the next/prev picture, the other cycles through the data screens. (I don't remember which is which.)

---------+---------+---------+---------+
Joseph K
Seattle, WA, USA

D700, D200, D70S, 24-70mm f/2.8, VR 70-200mm f/2.8 II,
50mm f/1.4 D, 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR, 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 DX

D90thomas Registered since 31st Dec 2011Mon 07-Jan-13 06:06 PM
6 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: D90 - display question"
In response to Reply # 2

US

I would recommend the Nikonians "Mastering the D90" guide. I read the whole book and now have it for refernece. Happy shooting!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #252282 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.