nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

question about extension tubes

pasknucklehead

US
1457 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008
Sat 22-Dec-12 06:13 PM

Hi everyone, and merry christmas to all my friends on here. Just a simple question about my extension tubes I just got. I ditched my other cheapo ones and went for the kenko extension tubes. The cheap ones I bought last year, I kind of was nervous putting them on and off my macro lens because they just were soooo terribly tight that I was afraid I was going to damage either my camera or my lens. Anyway, just got the kenko tubes and while they are much easier getting on and off, I am finding that I can't manual focus. It won't let me turn my focus ring on my 105 macro. It feels like I need to force the lens to focus,,and I don't want to do that. It sounds almost like a grinding sound. I made sure I had my lens set to manual focus, so that isn't the problem...Not sure what else to do. It will let me manual focus if I have only 1 of the tubes on, but not with two...I didn't even try it with all three...Any ideas?

Darlene

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: question about extension tubes

G