Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #252209
View in linear mode

Subject: "STEELER CLOCK INVENTION" Previous topic | Next topic
pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008Fri 14-Dec-12 01:20 AM
1409 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"STEELER CLOCK INVENTION"

US

Once again, here I am, the "waterdrop queen". I must have waaaaaaaaaayyyyyy too much time on my hands...Check this out....I hope you all like it....It was time consuming, but I think it will make another perfect christmas gift...

Darlene

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: STEELER CLOCK INVENTION
Scotty Silver Member
14th Dec 2012
SheriB Silver Member
14th Dec 2012
Scotty Silver Member
14th Dec 2012
SheriB Silver Member
14th Dec 2012
pasknucklehead Silver Member
15th Dec 2012
SheriB Silver Member
15th Dec 2012
16th Dec 2012
Scotty Silver Member
15th Dec 2012
16th Dec 2012
mklass Platinum Member
15th Dec 2012
16th Dec 2012
f5titan Gold Member
18th Dec 2012
18th Dec 2012
mklass Platinum Member
14th Dec 2012
km6xz Moderator
14th Jan 2013
15th Jan 2013

Scotty Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Feb 2002Fri 14-Dec-12 05:01 AM
4835 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: STEELER CLOCK INVENTION"
In response to Reply # 0

Ely, Cambridgeshire, GB

can't see any waterdrops and not too keen on the crumpled background... sorry...

D2Xs + AF20-35mm f2.8 + AF35-70mm f2.8 + AF80-200mm f2.8

or

FE + Nikkor 50mm f1.8 AIS

Hunger pays a heavy price to the shining Gods of speed and steel

Check out my website...
http://alexjpscott.wix.com/photography

LIKE me on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/AlexJPScottPhotography

Follow my blog...

http://alexjpscottphotography.blogspot.co.uk/

Look me up on Flickr...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alex_jp_scott/

Alex

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

SheriB Silver Member Awarded for sharing her exceptional images and details of rural farm life. Nikonian since 11th Sep 2010Fri 14-Dec-12 11:30 AM
1726 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: STEELER CLOCK INVENTION"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Its a pic of a clock she made, and the clock face numbers are the waterdrops.The 'crumpled background' is just wrapping paper I think

Sheri Becker

Scotty Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Feb 2002Fri 14-Dec-12 03:47 PM
4835 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: STEELER CLOCK INVENTION"
In response to Reply # 2

Ely, Cambridgeshire, GB

I love the waterdrop stuff Darlene does but this just leaves me cold... it just looks like a clock on crumpled paper - I now know that the "numbers" are water drops but as I needed to be told doesn't that sort of negate the effect? JMHO...

or

Check out my website...

LIKE me on Facebook

Follow my blog...

Look me up on Flickr...

Alex

SheriB Silver Member Awarded for sharing her exceptional images and details of rural farm life. Nikonian since 11th Sep 2010Fri 14-Dec-12 06:39 PM
1726 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: STEELER CLOCK INVENTION"
In response to Reply # 1

US

It IS just a clock on crumpled paper It isn't the photo itself she is 'presenting', it is the clock that she made with one of her oil drops on water . Now I do not know if she actually pushed those drops around until they were perfectly circular or if she photoshoped them to make a clock face..

Sheri Becker

pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008Sat 15-Dec-12 12:37 PM
1409 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: STEELER CLOCK INVENTION"
In response to Reply # 5

US

Wow, I really didn't think I would have gotten such negative reactions to my photo. People who know my work in waterdrop photography on here, I'm sure will come to my rescue.. None of this is photoshopped, here is how I did this. I used a glass coffee table. I then underneath it taped a face of a clock so I could use it as a template on where to put the waterdrops so they would be positioned on the numbers. I then used a syringe place my drops of water on each number ..Then removed the clock face from underneath. I took a steeler logo and layed it on the floor underneath the glass. I had to place it backwards so the logo would reflect the correct way in the drops. I used my camera's aperature wide open so the logo would be blurred in the photo and made sure I focus directly at the logo "inside" the drop...I really thought it turned out pretty cool.

Darlene

SheriB Silver Member Awarded for sharing her exceptional images and details of rural farm life. Nikonian since 11th Sep 2010Sat 15-Dec-12 02:31 PM
#7. "RE: STEELER CLOCK INVENTION"
In response to Reply # 6

US

I don't think you got anything really negative.I just think people are used to seeing 'the photo' and seeing a photo of a 'product' you made with one of your photos kind of threw them for a loop.

Sheri Becker

pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008Sun 16-Dec-12 02:17 AM
#10. "RE: STEELER CLOCK INVENTION"
In response to Reply # 7

US

Yeah, you're right Sheri, it was something totally different than what I usually do...No wonder everyone looked at it while scratching their heads...

Darlene

Scotty Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Feb 2002Sat 15-Dec-12 02:53 PM
#8. "RE: STEELER CLOCK INVENTION"
In response to Reply # 6

Ely, Cambridgeshire, GB

Having read the description of how it was set up I have to admire the previsualization here and the effort in the set up.

The technical understanding of what you aimed to do is also admirable.

However, personally I don't like the result. Not negative just a personal opinion. I love the water drop work you do and it seems you are in real control of that genre. I suppose if you had wanted real critique you would have posted in the correct forum for this so I apologise if any comments have been seen as negative...

or

Check out my website...

LIKE me on Facebook

Follow my blog...

Look me up on Flickr...

Alex

pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008Sun 16-Dec-12 02:20 AM
#11. "RE: STEELER CLOCK INVENTION"
In response to Reply # 8

US

Hey that's okay Alex, I welcome the critique, it helps me grow. And I think maybe my bubble was burst a little when you said it left you cold,,,I thought it was cool,,,but it's okay that you disagree. I certainly am not offended, I welcome peoples opinions even when I don't like them...hehehehe. But thanks, and don't worry, I'm sure we'll butt heads again....that's what photography is all about right.....right....seriously though, It's okay to critique my photos, it just makes me want to become better at what I do...

Darlene

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Sat 15-Dec-12 03:25 PM
6011 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: STEELER CLOCK INVENTION"
In response to Reply # 6

Tacoma, US

Neat! Well done. That's why it wasn't obvious where the reflections came from.

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008Sun 16-Dec-12 02:22 AM
#12. "RE: STEELER CLOCK INVENTION"
In response to Reply # 9

US

Thanks Mick, yeah, it seems the further away I can get the objects I place below my staged drops, the more "bokeh" I get, which makes it pretty neat cause then you don't really see the background, only the drops...and what they hold inside them....

Darlene

f5titan Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Jul 2006Tue 18-Dec-12 02:05 AM
731 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: STEELER CLOCK INVENTION"
In response to Reply # 6

HILO, US

I think it turned out pretty cool too! Art must always break new ground or it isn't art or craft or imagination.

"Great things are not done by impulse but by a series of small things brought together." Vincent Van Gogh

pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008Tue 18-Dec-12 01:55 PM
#14. "RE: STEELER CLOCK INVENTION"
In response to Reply # 13

US

WELL SAID!!!!!!!!!!

Darlene

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Fri 14-Dec-12 12:56 PM
6011 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: STEELER CLOCK INVENTION"
In response to Reply # 0

Tacoma, US

Very clever, Darlene, and nicely done. But for the life of me, I can't figure out where the waterdrops are reflecting the logo from.

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Mon 14-Jan-13 04:01 PM
3356 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "RE: STEELER CLOCK INVENTION"
In response to Reply # 3

St Petersburg, RU

I am really impressed, it is creative, innovative and turned out really well. The only problem that might be forgiven, but maybe not, is that is not the 49'ers logo....

go 9'ers

Stan
St Petersburg Russia

pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008Tue 15-Jan-13 01:26 AM
#16. "RE: STEELER CLOCK INVENTION"
In response to Reply # 15

US

Real Funny Stan,,,go steelers!!! even though they are already out of the playoffs....bummer,,,but I'm glad you liked the clock....

Darlene

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #252209 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.