Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #252112
View in linear mode

Subject: "A present for all you football lovers, well steelers an..." Previous topic | Next topic
pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008Wed 21-Nov-12 02:26 AM
1408 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"A present for all you football lovers, well steelers anyway...."

US

Hi everyone, I know, I know, just like with my Dr. Suess images, (never did get a reply back from them asking permission), I know this can't be placed in the gallery either, but I had fun doing it...enjoy....and lets not get a riot going on here if your not a pittsburgh steeler fan! heheheh

Darlene

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: A present for all you football lovers, well steeler...
JosephK Silver Member
21st Nov 2012
pasknucklehead Silver Member
21st Nov 2012
MEMcD Moderator
21st Nov 2012
ttc546 Silver Member
22nd Nov 2012
pasknucklehead Silver Member
23rd Nov 2012

JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006Wed 21-Nov-12 08:34 AM
4195 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: A present for all you football lovers, well steelers anyway...."
In response to Reply # 0

Seattle, WA, US

Nicely done!

What was the lighting setup?

---------+---------+---------+---------+
Joseph K
Seattle, WA, USA

D700, D200, D70S, 24-70mm f/2.8, VR 70-200mm f/2.8 II,
50mm f/1.4 D, 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR, 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 DX

pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008Wed 21-Nov-12 06:02 PM
1408 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: A present for all you football lovers, well steelers anyway...."
In response to Reply # 1

US

Thanks Joe, I'm thinking I had my 700 set to master on the left side of the photo pointing to the steeler backdrop set at 1/8 and the 600 on the other side of the drop pointing directly at the drop at 1/16. I need to always have the one that is actually shooting at the drop that low to freeze the drop. At least I think that's the set up I used. But looking at it, I see the flash is centered right in front of the drop so it could have been that I used the pop up flash to set off the other flashes. I can't remember, I spend an entire day just trying to get it right and try so many different variations that it drives me nuts. I think I am going to try and find a waterdrop forum on here somewhere to help me out a bit. Some days I can get everything set up perfectly then there are some days I could just scream because nothing it looking right...But I keep on truckin!
So it's either of those two setups Joe, either I used my pop up flash to trigger the other two which like I said, one is pointed at the backdrop and the other is pointed towards the drop.

Darlene

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Wed 21-Nov-12 04:01 PM
25740 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: A present for all you football lovers, well steelers anyway...."
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Darlene,

Very well done.
Thanks for sharing.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

ttc546 Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Jan 2009Thu 22-Nov-12 12:27 PM
26 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: A present for all you football lovers, well steelers anyway...."
In response to Reply # 2

Camberley, GB

Really lovely picture.

Have a look at this guy for some addditional inspiration. I think you could do it :- )
http://www.shinichimaruyama.com/portfolio/permalink/384777/4ab8f78a666a04

Chris

pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008Fri 23-Nov-12 03:30 AM
#5. "RE: A present for all you football lovers, well steelers anyway...."
In response to Reply # 4

US

Wow Chris, that was sooooooo cool. He is one talented guy...You know what I'll be doing tomorrow.!!!

Darlene

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #252112 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.