nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D90 Access Lamp/Green Light of Death

MarcG19

Arlington, US
289 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
MarcG19 Registered since 16th Apr 2009
Mon 22-Oct-12 07:14 AM

Hey All,

This weekend my D90 (after many years and around 20K actuations) started exhibiting this problem: access lamp unceasingly blinks after I take a shot. I'm going to try the "reset and let sit for a few days" remedy, but if that doesn't work....

... it seems my only option is to send it to Nikon for repair. A bit of googling tells me this'll cost $200 and is not covered by Nikon's warranty (the camera is still covered by the warranty).

Is this correct?

If so, I have to really consider whether or not it's worth it. I think the ebay price for a decent condition D90 is around $400, and given that mine is in a bit rougher condition, I'd probably get $3-350 for it, meaning that it would be better to sell it as a defective/for parts only unit.

However, at least in the meantime, I can just remove the battery and/or SD card when I'm not shooting, in order to preserve battery life.

Thanks,

Marc
Soon to be Canon shooter (j/k - even with this issue, I've gotten my $$'s worth out of this camera)

Cheers,

Marc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"90% of my best life's work could have been made with a manual body, a 24mm lens, and a telephoto zoom in the 80-200 range"
- Galen Rowell
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D90 Access Lamp/Green Light of Death OnTERRYo Silver Member
22nd Oct 2012
Reply message RE: D90 Access Lamp/Green Light of Death MarcG19
22nd Oct 2012
     Reply message RE: D90 Access Lamp/Green Light of Death gkaiseril Gold Member
22nd Oct 2012
24th Oct 2012
30th Oct 2012
                    Reply message RE: D90 Access Lamp/Green Light of Death ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community
01st Nov 2012

G