nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

question about using my sb700 on my d90

pasknucklehead

US
1457 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008
Sat 20-Oct-12 02:11 AM

Hi everyone, got stumped today trying to figure something out. Was taking some photos of knives a friend of mine made so he could submit them for a magazine. I used my sb700 on camera in ttl mode, which I see that you can only go ttl if you are in spot metering,,,don't know why that is. But anyway, I bounced the flash upward and used a piece of white foam board so the lighting looked better. But then I was not getting as much light on the blade itself, so I got out my sb600 to use as a little bit of fill. When I sat it on the table, I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to set it up. So I set my 700 in master mode and my 600 to remote mode, but I couldn't get it to flash. I finally ended up just going back to using my 700 in ttl. I am confused as to what mode everything should be in ...I used to only have the sb600 and I would control that off camera, simply by using my commander mode in camera, set the pop up flash to -- and the the flash to manual and whatever I needed. That was simple, but now that I have the 700, I got lost...Can anyone help me out.....

Darlene

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: question about using my sb700 on my d90
                              Reply message RE: question about using my sb700 on my d90a

G