nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

question about flash duration

pasknucklehead

US
1457 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
pasknucklehead Registered since 05th Feb 2008
Thu 18-Oct-12 12:54 PM

Hi again everyone, have been having a blast playing with my new expensive toy, but highly recommended...Here's my question, on a flash, I have the sb700 now also, at 1/1 on manual, I know that is full power, 1/64 is lower power, I understand that, so the 1/64 doesn't produce as bright a flash burst as the 1/1. But is it true, that even though it isn't as BRIGHT a flash, it's a FASTER flash burst? Am I understanding that correctly? And another question, I know in camera on the d90 that I can have my pictures rotated automatically when I shoot verticle. But is there a way to set something up that when I review them on the computer that all the ones I've taken verticle will show up that way and I don't have to painstakingly rotate them? Just wondering..And hey, check this out...This is for all you fine people out there who put up with me...hehehehe.

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Darlene

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: question about flash duration