Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251963
View in linear mode

Subject: "My first umbrella" Previous topic | Next topic
pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Feb 2008Sun 14-Oct-12 04:06 AM
1420 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"My first umbrella"

US

Hi everyone, remember I talked about ordering the stop shot system to advance my waterdrops. Well, got it, still haven't figured out how to sync it with my flashes yet, but was nice pushing a button and letting one or two drops at a time drip out and not wasting all the water using my primitive baggie system... Well, I am supposed to be working on a project for our evergreen conservancy. It's a group of folks who go out to these abandoned coal mines and help clean up the iron that forms when the mines fill up with water and reaches the surface. This group collects this iron before it reaches our local creeks. Anyway this year they were calling on local artist to incorporate in there artwork the actual iron..You can buy it in little, ironically to me, BAGGIES, right up my alley right?! Well, anyway, I took on the challenge and wanted to do something really cool, so I added the iron which was in a powdered form and mixed it with my water that I use in my baking dish where I have my waterdrops dripping into. Well, even though I wasn't able to figure out how to do my flashes, I went ahead and just used them in commander mode and guess what I got....I am estatic. This couldn't have happened at a better time. I was just hoping for one of my usual basic drop formations, but I got something that I am going to be so proud to frame and donate...Tell me what you think!!! And just think what I can do once I figure out how to use my expensive toy!!!!!!!!!

Darlene

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

OnTERRYo Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Nov 2011Sun 14-Oct-12 10:50 PM
529 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: My first umbrella"
In response to Reply # 0

Hamilton, CA

Very good Darlene.

Looks as if you are heading in the right direction.

Keep going.

OnTERRYo

"The Nikon did the work; I just happened to be behind it at the time." TP

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251963 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.