Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251954
View in linear mode

Subject: "Firmware Update Nikon D70" Previous topic | Next topic
fjcruiser Registered since 11th Oct 2012Thu 11-Oct-12 02:44 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Firmware Update Nikon D70"

AE

I have never updated my Nikon D70 and I am wondering if I should do so now.I am on A.1.01 and B.1.03. I have a Mac 10.6.8 and the link provided ny Nikon does not seem to work (unless I do something wrong!).

Q1. Should I update the firmware and risk the camera no longer working ?
Q2. If 'Yes'. Where can I find the link please ?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006Thu 11-Oct-12 03:15 PM
4359 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Firmware Update Nikon D70"
In response to Reply # 0

Seattle, WA, US

As a general guideline, yes, you should update the bios. You seem to be suggesting that the bios upgrades are a high-risk activity, but this is not the case.

http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13580/

---------+---------+---------+---------+
Joseph K
Seattle, WA, USA

D700, D200, D70S, 24-70mm f/2.8, VR 70-200mm f/2.8 II, 50mm f/1.4 D,
17-55mm f/2.8 DX, 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR, 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 DX

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Thu 11-Oct-12 07:13 PM
50866 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Firmware Update Nikon D70"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

A firmware update is always an improvement to the camera

Update is a "must".

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Fri 12-Oct-12 01:04 AM
25940 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Firmware Update Nikon D70"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Patricia,

Install the latest firmware to maximize the performance of your camera.
it is very easy to do. Make sure your battery is fully charged and Follow the instructions.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251954 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.