nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251908
View in linear mode

Subject: "question about hot shoe adapters" Previous topic | Next topic
pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Feb 2008Thu 04-Oct-12 01:37 AM
1425 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"question about hot shoe adapters"

US

Hi everyone, bit the bullet and bought the Cognisys stop shot kit for my waterdrops. Wanted to take my drops to a new limit. well, of course, it didn't even come with a diagram as to how to put it all together. I have a cd that came with it, but no diagram and I can't understand half of it. So if any of you would have any insight, I would soooo truly appreciate it...They told me I would need for my sb700 and 600 two hot shoe adapters. I've always used my chord that I connected one end of it to the flash and the other to the camera. I don't even know how to hook up the adapters. And then the adapters came with a tiny little chord that has one end looking like something I would insert in my old time vcr...ugh. So I don't know where nothing goes...I did however figure out how to mount the stop shot to my tripod. boy, have I bit off more than I can chew...Well, they could have sent me a diagram...I am sure I am not the only one who purchased this for the first time and felt totally lost. If any of you guys know anything,,,please help...And what would be the purpose of the adapters? They also said I needed this RCA y cable...of course, didn't tell me why..so as you can see, I've got all this stuff strung all over my table and sitting here scratching my head...help please...anyone...

Darlene

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

OnTERRYo Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Nov 2011Thu 04-Oct-12 02:26 AM
531 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: question about hot shoe adapters"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu 04-Oct-12 02:27 AM by OnTERRYo

Hamilton, CA

Hi Darlene.

I had no idea what a Cognisys kit was until I Googled it.
But, seeing some of the images there, I now see why you are interested in it and droplets in general.
They have a website but I could not see anything regarding hook up.
I did find this page though.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=cognisys%20stop%20shot%20kit%20hook%20up&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CCUQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.photosbykev.com%2Fwordpress%2Ftips-and-trick%2Fwater-droplet-photography%2F&ei=WONsUNjRGsSNyAGi-IBo&usg=AFQjCNG-39EfmGCEoPyc1AvLVeWWC03KmA

About half way down the page, there is a Flickr Image link that shows the set up. It may give you some guidance there.
Also, there is a chatroom.

Hope this helps.

(Hey, us D90'ers have to stick together)

Terry.

OnTERRYo

"The Nikon did the work; I just happened to be behind it at the time." TP

pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Feb 2008Fri 05-Oct-12 03:49 AM
1425 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: question about hot shoe adapters"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Hey thanks Terry. Yeah, I called the company and they were very helpful to walk me through it and said that indeed they need to look into supplying a diagram with their orders....I'm sure I'm not the only one who called up and complained about that one....Thanks for the link though, it helped....

Darlene

pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Feb 2008Fri 05-Oct-12 07:08 PM
#3. "RE: question about hot shoe adapters"
In response to Reply # 2

US

just a follow up: spent a few days researching, talking on the phone and just pulling my hair out,,,BUT I GOT ER DONE!!!! I now figured out that those little chords are indeed the pc sync chords and they hook to the hotshoe adapter itself. What confused me though was that they were really hard to connect. After researching, they said they was normal so I finally got those figured out. The y cable just connected both my flashes together. So I am well on my way and excited as heck...I've just never had the need to get a hot shoe adapter excpecially since I use commander mode most of the time so this was just a little extra learning I had to do...But you guys are great to always listen to me rambling and figuring out just what I am trying to do..For that I say thankyou,,,and look for my wonderful photos soon,,,I hope...(smile)

Darlene

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251908 Previous topic | Next topic