Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251794
View in linear mode

Subject: "My Nikon D90 gives me 2 copies of the same photo. How t..." Previous topic | Next topic
bugaboo10980 Registered since 07th Sep 2012Fri 07-Sep-12 11:11 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"My Nikon D90 gives me 2 copies of the same photo. How to deactivate it?"

PH

Hi.

My Nikon D90 seems to have a trouble on how many copies of a photo it should give me. When I take a photo, I see one copy of each photos collected in my memory card as viewed through the camera. But when I plug it in my computer and view the photos, it seems like it automatically doubled up. I've reformatted my memory card and reset my camera settings but it doesn't change anything. Does my memory card/camera have a virus?

I badly need someone to help me.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

PAStime Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Feb 2009Sat 08-Sep-12 12:57 AM
2669 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: My Nikon D90 gives me 2 copies of the same photo. How to deactivate it?"
In response to Reply # 0

Kingston, CA

Are you by chance in RAW+JPG mode? This will place both file types on your memory card and some software tools on your computer will show these as two different files.

Peter

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sat 08-Sep-12 01:15 AM
25549 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: My Nikon D90 gives me 2 copies of the same photo. How to deactivate it?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Kathy,

Welcome to Nikonians!

Peter hit the nail on the head.
The Raw file will have a .NEF suffix or type and the jpeg file will have a .jpeg suffix or type.

BTW:

We always encourage our members to fill in their real first and last names, and
have made that issue a part of our Terms of Use.

The intent is to foster a community of "real people" instead of
mysterious web-personalities with anonymous screen names. Doing this helps to
establish and maintain a safe, civil and friendly environment.

Thanks in advance.

Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251794 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.