Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251786
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon D80 with Nikon grip" Previous topic | Next topic
kgb144 Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Aug 2007Fri 07-Sep-12 02:56 PM
99 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon D80 with Nikon grip"

Ayrshire, UK

I have a Nikon D80 with Nikon battery grip and just noticed that tall pictures do not rotate when being reviewed. Is this correct and is there a fix? When I take the battery grip off the pictures rotate as normal.

Kind regards,

ft

My Nikonians Gallery

Ayrshire, Scotland

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Fri 07-Sep-12 09:07 PM
26820 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon D80 with Nikon grip"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Fergus,

I don't have a D80 but it seems strange to me.
When the MB-D80 mounted on the camera, check the Playback Menu >
Rotate Tall > On.
If Rotate Tall is On, the image should be rotated in the LCD display.
If it is set to Off, the image will be shown in landscape orientation.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

OnTERRYo Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Nov 2011Sat 08-Sep-12 12:34 AM
529 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon D80 with Nikon grip"
In response to Reply # 1
Sat 08-Sep-12 12:34 AM by OnTERRYo

Hamilton, CA

Hi Fergus.

What Marty says sound correct.

From my D90 experience, you could try:
- Menu
- Setup (wrench icon)
- Auto image rotation
- turn it on.

That is the way I have my D90; the D80 should be similar.

Hope this helps.

OnTERRYo

"The Nikon did the work; I just happened to be behind it at the time." TP

kgb144 Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Aug 2007Sun 09-Sep-12 10:18 AM
99 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikon D80 with Nikon grip"
In response to Reply # 2
Tue 11-Sep-12 08:22 AM by kgb144

Ayrshire, UK

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies and have tried that and cleaned all the contacts; it happens with all lenses too.

It is the only function that does not work, very odd!

Kind regards,

ft

My Nikonians Gallery

Ayrshire, Scotland

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006Sun 09-Sep-12 05:45 PM
4765 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Nikon D80 with Nikon grip"
In response to Reply # 3

Seattle, WA, US

How are you taking the photos? If the camera is pointed very upwards or very downwards, it will have problems judging which way is up since the back/front will be too flat to the ground.

---------+---------+---------+---------+
Joseph K
Seattle, WA, USA

D700, D200, D70S, 24-70mm f/2.8, VR 70-200mm f/2.8 II, 50mm f/1.4 D,
17-55mm f/2.8 DX, 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR, 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 DX

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251786 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.