nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251698
View in linear mode

Subject: "D90 Memory---16GB?" Previous topic | Next topic
SSTTIM Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Feb 2012Tue 21-Aug-12 05:49 AM
12 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D90 Memory---16GB?"

Rolling Hills Estates, US

Will the D90 take 16GB memory cards, or are we still maxed out using only 8GB? I tried to buy a few 8GB cards at Costco, but they've stopped carrying these and will have only the 16GB after the 8GBs run out. Most locations are already out of the 8GBs.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D90 Memory---16GB?
espeto68 Gold Member
21st Aug 2012
OnTERRYo Silver Member
21st Aug 2012
alphavax
02nd Nov 2012
SSTTIM Silver Member
02nd Nov 2012
Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional.
10th Nov 2012
Reply message Amazon 32GB for me
chesterdawg Silver Member
21st Nov 2012
     Reply message What about a SANDisk Ultra 64GB microSD card?
WhatAboutBob Gold Member
18th Dec 2012
          Reply message RE: What about a SANDisk Ultra 64GB microSD card?
Izzie Gold Member
20th Dec 2012

espeto68 Gold Member Nikonian since 29th Aug 2010Tue 21-Aug-12 10:00 AM
467 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D90 Memory---16GB?"
In response to Reply # 0

Oeiras, PT

Hi Timothy,

I've been using 4/8/16/32GB cards on my D90 with no problems.
The 16 and 32 were the first ones i bought, when i didn´t know that is safer to have several 4/8GB cards in case one of them fails. All the cards i bought lately are 4 or 8 GB to use on the D90 and D700.

José

Nikonians!!! My best investment made after my camera!!!

D700, D90, F80, F Photomic FTn

OnTERRYo Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Nov 2011Tue 21-Aug-12 09:47 PM
531 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D90 Memory---16GB?"
In response to Reply # 1

Hamilton, CA

Hi Timothy.

I am using a Lexar 16gb 'Professional' card.
No problems with it so far - almost ten months old.
Memory cards is not the place to scrimp on price.
I'm sure you will find others here with that sediment.

Terry.

OnTERRYo

"The Nikon did the work; I just happened to be behind it at the time." TP

alphavax Registered since 27th Sep 2012Fri 02-Nov-12 01:54 PM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D90 Memory---16GB?"
In response to Reply # 2

MX

I also have 2 32 GB SDHC cards, one from Lexar one from Sandisk, the important thing here is the write speed supported.

Try to buy Class 10 cards, they offer at least 10 MB/s write speed so you don't have any problems while writing your photos or video to the memory

References>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital#SDHC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital#Speed_Class_Rating

SSTTIM Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Feb 2012Fri 02-Nov-12 02:31 PM
12 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D90 Memory---16GB?"
In response to Reply # 3

Rolling Hills Estates, US

I got two 16G Sandisk Ultra cards and have been using them for a month and about 1,500 shots, alternating cards on a daily basis while on vacation. Both JPEG and RAW are all fine. Met someone using 32G cards without any trouble. Thanks for all the replies.

Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional. Nikonian since 07th Jul 2009Sat 10-Nov-12 08:11 AM
2545 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D90 Memory---16GB?"
In response to Reply # 0

Vantaa, FI

My first 32GB card was a cheap copy which I bought from an online auction about 3 years ago when these cards were really expensive. It was a Kingston copy, and the back of the package said "Kingstion". It was unreliable. Real Kingston 16GB cards have worked without a hitch. For the past year or so my wife and I have been using Sandisk 32GB cards without any problems.

Regards, Antero

chesterdawg Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jul 2010Wed 21-Nov-12 02:24 PM
209 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "Amazon 32GB for me"
In response to Reply # 5

Commerce, US

I use Amazon brand class 10 16GB & 32GB in my 3 digital cameras with no problems.

Steve

WhatAboutBob Gold Member Nikonian since 02nd Nov 2009Tue 18-Dec-12 05:25 PM
97 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "What about a SANDisk Ultra 64GB microSD card?"
In response to Reply # 6

Georgetown, US

I wound up with an extra 64GB SANDisk Ultra microSD card (class 10) with the regular SD adapter. Bought it for a smartphone, but now have an extra. Could I use it in my D90? I would never think of using all 64GB space.

Thoughts?

Izzie Gold Member Nikonian since 02nd Dec 2011Thu 20-Dec-12 11:59 AM
839 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: What about a SANDisk Ultra 64GB microSD card?"
In response to Reply # 7

Chesterfield, US

My main cards are a handful of 4 and 8 GB cards for my D90 and D300s. I never had any problems yet that I cannot solve so far. Touch wood. You will be fine.

Fly safe, drive safe and keep safe.
G'day and G'lock....
Izzie

GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS
My Nikonians Gallery

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251698 Previous topic | Next topic