nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Question about "tic" marks

pasknucklehead

US
1457 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008
Tue 07-Aug-12 02:15 AM

Hi everyone, I went out today to take some photos....While I was standing there scratching my head, I couldn't for the life of me remember about the tic marks and flash. Here's my question. Had my camera on manual, aperature on 8, iso 400, using on sb600 flash. I had my shutter speed on 1/60, ( I don't have the foggiest idea why I didn't change it) but my question is this..When You pop on the flash, does it matter a whole lot what the tic marks read? It looked like a correct exposure as I viewed it on the lcd, so I didn't really worry about it a whole lot even though I was shaking my head thinking "geeze, I should know this stuff by now"!
And also, can someone refresh my memory on what the difference it would have been had I shot at the sync speed of 200 instead of letting it stay on 60? I am mush right now, must be the heat. Thanks pals.

Darlene

G