nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D80 CHA/CHR error - photos lost?

sic

DK
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
sic Registered since 24th Jul 2012
Tue 24-Jul-12 06:50 AM

Hi all,

New member in need of help. I have had my D80 for several years and had no problems. However the last day of vacation a few days back all of a sudden CHR/CHA is shown in the display after having shot a full day with no problems. It will not display any photos - says "Folder contains no images" - I try to take a new picture, and it displays in normally. When I turn off the camera and on again, again it displays "Folder contains no images". I tried to move the SD card to my other camera, and there it also says no images. I thought maybe when i got home and connected to my pc i could see the pics, but there seems to be nothing there

Are all my photos lost? Luckily I had just changed card, so it's "just" this one day, but still, there were some great shots, so if someone knows if it is possible to retrieve them, I would be greatful!

I have tried flipping the locked/unlock slider on the card, with no result..

Br, Sofie

G