nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D80 CHA/CHR error - photos lost?

sic

DK
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
sic Registered since 24th Jul 2012
Tue 24-Jul-12 06:50 AM

Hi all,

New member in need of help. I have had my D80 for several years and had no problems. However the last day of vacation a few days back all of a sudden CHR/CHA is shown in the display after having shot a full day with no problems. It will not display any photos - says "Folder contains no images" - I try to take a new picture, and it displays in normally. When I turn off the camera and on again, again it displays "Folder contains no images". I tried to move the SD card to my other camera, and there it also says no images. I thought maybe when i got home and connected to my pc i could see the pics, but there seems to be nothing there

Are all my photos lost? Luckily I had just changed card, so it's "just" this one day, but still, there were some great shots, so if someone knows if it is possible to retrieve them, I would be greatful!

I have tried flipping the locked/unlock slider on the card, with no result..

Br, Sofie

G