Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251610
View in linear mode

Subject: "LCD light is short" Previous topic | Next topic
Chadmeister Registered since 02nd Jun 2012Wed 18-Jul-12 01:56 AM
13 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"LCD light is short"

Oklahoma City, US

I am a very new photographer with a D90. So far I really like it but it is clearly smarter than me. I have the Mastering the Nikon D90 book (which hooked me up with Nikonians.or ). I am also in a beginner photography class at fife photography where the husband/wife team teach the various classes (http://www.fifephotography.com/lessons/) in Oklahoma City. I am reading the book and trying to absorb at least one or two salient points (my brain is mush at the end of the workday). I cannot figure out how to keep the LCD display on my camera "lit" or "on" for longer than a few seconds. As a newby, I need/want to have my LCD "on" for longer so I can read, understand, and absorb the displayed data. Can't find it in the book. Any help on how to extend my "light-up" time would be appreciated.

Chad
Oklahoma City, OK

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Wed 18-Jul-12 03:18 AM
25558 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: LCD light is short"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Chad,

Go into the Cameras Custom Settings Menu: c4 Monitor Off Delay
You have the option of 4s, 10s, 20s, 1m, 5m, or 10m.
Keep in mind that the rear LCD display will turn off when you press the shutter release button half way.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Chadmeister Registered since 02nd Jun 2012Thu 19-Jul-12 12:09 AM
13 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: LCD light is short"
In response to Reply # 1

Oklahoma City, US

Thanks! Did the trick. This camera really shows its comprehensive nature. Took a bit to scroll through the menu to find.
Chad

jdphotos Registered since 12th Jun 2012Tue 24-Jul-12 03:50 AM
103 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: LCD light is short"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Hi, Chad, D90 is a wonderful camera. Enjoy! After you lengthen LCD lit-time, be careful of the battery usage.

GTF Registered since 03rd Dec 2002Tue 24-Jul-12 02:00 PM
230 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#4. "RE: LCD light is short"
In response to Reply # 0

Mastic Beach, US

Now that you know how to keep the LCD screen lit longer.
Buy yourself an extra NIKON brand battery.
That is the first extra I buy for every digital camera I have ever owned. This way while learning and even when when just out shooting and extra charged battery is a comforting addition.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251610 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.