Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251590
View in linear mode

Subject: "Where to buy D70 sensor filter replacement?" Previous topic | Next topic
thormx538 Registered since 05th Jul 2012Thu 12-Jul-12 05:36 PM
83 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Where to buy D70 sensor filter replacement?"

US

I recently bought a cheap D70s on ebay, with the intention of converting it to IR. I realize I'm a few years late to the party, but is there anyone still making replacement filters for the sensors, besides Lifepixel or LeZot? I can do the installation by myself. I just can't seem to find any specific info regarding the actual sensor dimensions, and which glass to use for it? I've found all of the disassembly instructions and everything, I'm just looking for a cheaper alternative to the Lifepixel or LeZot glass (which cost more than I spent on the whole camera).

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

thormx538 Registered since 05th Jul 2012Mon 30-Jul-12 08:22 PM
83 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Where to buy D70 sensor filter replacement?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Just wanted to post an update. I ended up buying a piece of RG715 glass online, and cutting it to size myself. It was only $15! Seems to work fine, focus is good for landscapes at f8 or smaller with no adjustment.

OnTERRYo Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Nov 2011Mon 30-Jul-12 11:19 PM
524 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Where to buy D70 sensor filter replacement?"
In response to Reply # 1

Hamilton, CA

Hi Bill,

I too recently acquired a used D70 with the distinct possibility of converting it to IR.

Be sure to post some of your work in the IR/UV section; I'll be watching for your stuff.

OnTERRYo

"The Nikon did the work; I just happened to be behind it at the time." TP

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251590 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.