nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D90 vs Newest Android Phone

quenton8

Toronto, CA
1420 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional. Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 11th Apr 2010
Tue 10-Jul-12 01:04 PM | edited Tue 10-Jul-12 01:05 PM by quenton8

Well, the other day I had my camera on my desk at work (so as not to leave it in the car to die at 95degF). My boss came by and wondered why I had such a bulky camera when the cameras on phones were now so great. I gave him my stock answers about capabilities but he just looked at me and left.

So I bought the newest (just out) samsung galaxy III (for the phone, not the camera), but decided last night to try out the camera.

Now I know why I carry around a D90

• most of the outside photos suffered from so much flare as to be useless
  • inside, not enough flash power for anything much
  • even the half decent ones would not blow up to 5x7 well unless no cropping was done
  • I found framing and "pressing" the button to be difficult and caused camera movement

No keepers from the whole evening (about 20 shots).

I figure it has its uses, but taking real photographs is not one of them (for me anyway).

----
Dennis Smith.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D90 vs Newest Android Phone