Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251501
View in linear mode

Subject: "Showing my work at an exhibition for the first time" Previous topic | Next topic
stevoxt Silver Member Nikonian since 07th May 2010Sun 01-Jul-12 08:44 PM
100 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Showing my work at an exhibition for the first time"

belfast, GB

Hi,

I'm having an exhibition of a project I've been working on over the past year, whats the best forum to put this question into

thanks
stevie

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Sun 01-Jul-12 11:35 PM
5870 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Showing my work at an exhibition for the first time"
In response to Reply # 0

Tacoma, US

I put a note in the I've been published forum for one of my exhibitions. But if you have a question about something, what is the particular subject?

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

stevoxt Silver Member Nikonian since 07th May 2010Sun 01-Jul-12 11:52 PM
100 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Showing my work at an exhibition for the first time"
In response to Reply # 1

belfast, GB

Hi,

My question is this, over the past year I've been working on a project photographing people on their allotments with the aim to put on an exhibition at the end of it.

The people who are in the photographs knew about my plans and my exhibition and there was no objection whatsoever, I just wanted to show my work thats all. The photos are 16 x 12" framed and mounted.

The question was put to me about selling the photographs but I want to know legally were I stand with that as I've no model releases for any work I've done because they were originally only for hanging in a gallery.

I'm in the UK, any advice would be most helpful.

Thankyou

stevie

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Mon 02-Jul-12 12:10 AM
5870 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Showing my work at an exhibition for the first time"
In response to Reply # 2

Tacoma, US

Stevie,

I think I would pu t this question in the Turning Pro-Going Professional forum, or alternately the English Cafe.

I am not in the UK, so I can't tell you how the laws apply there. In the US there is a certain amount of leeway based on whether or not the subject could presume some privacy in a setting. On the street, little privacy can be presumed.

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

stevoxt Silver Member Nikonian since 07th May 2010Mon 02-Jul-12 08:20 AM
#4. "RE: Showing my work at an exhibition for the first time"
In response to Reply # 3

belfast, GB

Hi Mick,

Thanks so much, I'll do that

all the best
stevie

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251501 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.