nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251481
View in linear mode

Subject: "D90 Firmware update" Previous topic | Next topic
lemartin Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Jan 2009Thu 28-Jun-12 08:16 PM
13 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D90 Firmware update"

Louisville, US

FYI for D90 users. There is a firmware update for lens distortion available on the NIKON USA website under DOWNLOADS. It includes the newly released lenses. Thom Hogan mentioned it today and the update process was easy.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D90 Firmware update
Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot
28th Jun 2012
WhatAboutBob Gold Member
29th Jun 2012
espeto68 Gold Member
29th Jun 2012
suzyk Silver Member
01st Jul 2012
rickboss Silver Member
03rd Jul 2012
francine Silver Member
04th Jul 2012
quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional. Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
05th Jul 2012
francine Silver Member
05th Jul 2012
quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional. Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
05th Jul 2012
francine Silver Member
05th Jul 2012
meat
06th Jul 2012
francine Silver Member
06th Jul 2012
lawelles
07th Jul 2012
GeorgieB
14th Jul 2012
francine Silver Member
15th Jul 2012
GeorgieB
17th Jul 2012
gkaiseril Gold Member
17th Jul 2012
Marcial Silver Member
24th Aug 2012

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Thu 28-Jun-12 08:48 PM
52430 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D90 Firmware update"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Thanks for info?

Here is the link:

http://www.nikonimglib.com/dcdata/index.html#show-all

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

WhatAboutBob Gold Member Nikonian since 02nd Nov 2009Fri 29-Jun-12 05:48 PM
97 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D90 Firmware update"
In response to Reply # 1

Georgetown, US

Is that the only FW update? I'm still on 1.00 for both A & B. Search at nikonians appear that this is correct (a while back). I looked on nikonusa.com and found no other firmware updates besides the L value. Just figured I'd check...

espeto68 Gold Member Nikonian since 29th Aug 2010Fri 29-Jun-12 06:59 PM
467 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D90 Firmware update"
In response to Reply # 2
Fri 29-Jun-12 10:37 PM by espeto68

Oeiras, PT

Upgrade:

A:1.00
B:1.00
L:1.006

José

Nikonians!!! My best investment made after my camera!!!

D700, D90, F80, F Photomic FTn

suzyk Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Dec 2011Sun 01-Jul-12 01:24 PM
1563 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D90 Firmware update"
In response to Reply # 0

near Hobart, AU

Thanks Larry.

Cheers,
Suzy

rickboss Silver Member Nikonian since 31st Oct 2006Tue 03-Jul-12 06:22 PM
185 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D90 Firmware update"
In response to Reply # 0

Rochester, US

Just did it Larry, Thanks.

Rick

francine Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Jun 2007Wed 04-Jul-12 10:18 PM
907 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#6. "RE: D90 Firmware update"
In response to Reply # 5

Thornton, US

I tried to do the update. I made the folder and it downloaded to my desktop. It never gave me a choice of folders. I then tried to save to the SD card (slot on computer) and every card I tried said the card is write protected. They are not locked by the slide on the side. What am I doing wrong????

quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional. Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 11th Apr 2010Thu 05-Jul-12 04:13 AM
1344 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: D90 Firmware update"
In response to Reply # 6

Toronto, CA

Did you try formatting the card on the camera first??

----
Dennis Smith.

francine Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Jun 2007Thu 05-Jul-12 12:19 PM
907 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#8. "RE: D90 Firmware update"
In response to Reply # 7

Thornton, US

Yes, iTried 5 cards

quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional. Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 11th Apr 2010Thu 05-Jul-12 12:27 PM
1344 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: D90 Firmware update"
In response to Reply # 8

Toronto, CA

The file you should be copying is named - NKLD01006.BIN?
and should be about 56K in size.

----
Dennis Smith.

francine Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Jun 2007Thu 05-Jul-12 11:59 PM
#10. "RE: D90 Firmware update"
In response to Reply # 9

Thornton, US

I copied the file then tried to paste to sd and it gave me copy write protected.

meat Registered since 17th Feb 2012Fri 06-Jul-12 12:05 AM
138 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: D90 Firmware update"
In response to Reply # 10

US

One thing I noticed was that it would not let me do the upgrade unless my battery was fully charged.

francine Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Jun 2007Fri 06-Jul-12 02:33 AM
#12. "RE: D90 Firmware update"
In response to Reply # 11

Thornton, US

I guess my computer is to old to accept the SD card for this task. I used a card reader and it work. Now recharge a battery for the camera and download the sd card.
Has anyone noticed a difference because of the update???

lawelles Registered since 20th Nov 2010Sat 07-Jul-12 10:06 PM
86 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: D90 Firmware update"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 07-Jul-12 10:07 PM by lawelles

US

Nevermind - got my answer

Lynn
lawelles.com and my Nikonians gallery.

GeorgieB Registered since 23rd Sep 2010Sat 14-Jul-12 04:49 PM
60 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: D90 Firmware update"
In response to Reply # 0

Pine, US

I followed the link, did the download and double-clicked the file. It created a folder on my desktop, looked in the folder and all that was there was the legal notice. No "BIN" file.

Any ideas?

George

RVLifeStyleExperts.com

francine Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Jun 2007Sun 15-Jul-12 12:32 AM
#15. "RE: D90 Firmware update"
In response to Reply # 14

Thornton, US

there should be 2 one was the legal and under that was the bin file.

GeorgieB Registered since 23rd Sep 2010Tue 17-Jul-12 07:40 PM
60 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#16. "RE: D90 Firmware update"
In response to Reply # 15

Pine, US

>there should be 2 one was the legal and under that was the
>bin file.

Tried again, same result. Only 1 folder, that labelled "Legal" and all that contains is a *.pdf file.

Also, when I went to the Nikon site and checked the downloads available, the 1.006 was not there.

Is there another link?

Thanks,
George

RVLifeStyleExperts.com

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Tue 17-Jul-12 11:20 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#17. "RE: D90 Firmware update"
In response to Reply # 16

Chicago, US

In the Nikon folder you should have seen:

You may need to turn on the display of the file extension.

You now need to copy the NKLD010060.BIN to the root directory of your cameras media card.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Marcial Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Nov 2010Fri 24-Aug-12 01:00 PM
29 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#18. "RE: D90 Firmware update"
In response to Reply # 17

US

Friends, I apologize for this naive question but the fact is that updating firmware for a camera is a new land to me (although I systematically do it for my other electronic equipments). This is the question:

Talking about distorsion, have you noticed any difference in your pictures after downloading the new firmware?

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251481 Previous topic | Next topic