nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
slothead

Frederick, US
1622 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
slothead Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 12th Aug 2009
Mon 04-Jun-12 01:38 PM

I was just looking at B&H while considering getting a DSLR for my granddaughter. I noticed that the D90 is about the same price as the D7000. Can anyone explain why this is? I would think that a newer design, with a more dense sensor (pixel-wise), higher ISO range, and more sophisticated movie capability, etc., would draw a higher price! Why doesn't it?

Tom
http://tjmanson.smugmug.com
D800, D750, and a handful of lenses.

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Opinions on the D90 WhatAboutBob Gold Member
04th Jun 2012
Reply message RE: Opinions on the D90 MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
04th Jun 2012
Reply message RE: Opinions on the D90 slothead Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
04th Jun 2012
     Reply message RE: Opinions on the D90 avvai
08th Jun 2012
          Reply message RE: Opinions on the D90 jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
10th Jun 2012

G