Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251231
View in linear mode

Subject: "NEWS FLASH!!!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008Fri 18-May-12 03:47 PM
1379 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"NEWS FLASH!!!!!"

creekside, US

Hey friends, guess what?
Well, you all know I AM the notecard queen. I have several of my scenery notecards and miscellaneous photo notecards around the stores in this small town I live in.
WELL, get this. There is an art gallery that recently opened in one of our outlying amish communities. The community is known for amish quilts, pottery, and a bunch of speciality shops. It is always busy in that area. The woman who owns this new art gallery posted in our local paper that she was looking for local artist. So you know me, I gathered up a bunch of my cards with my scenery, misc shots and toted them off to her store. I introduced myself and we sat down at her table. I'm not a really overly extroverted person, so by now my knees were wobbling so bad that I jumped at the chance of sitting. I hoped she didn't see the table vibrating!!!! I could see she was impressed by my cards, but looking around at some of the other notecards that were already there, I figured she probably had enough. She had another photographers work hanging on the wall with some of her notecards and a few others of pastal artwork made up of cards. They were all very impressive. Some of the other artwork were from people from all over the states. There were photos hanging there of sizes I'd never even seen in stores. She must have quite a few contacts I'd say.
Well anyway, I started to stand up and thank her for taking the time to see me when she noticed a baggie that I had been carrying with some 4x6's of some of my waterdrop photos. I didn't even think to show her those as they weren't made up into notecards. She about flipped!!!!!!!!! She absolutely LOVED them and brace yourself, asked if I would be willing to make her up some LARGE prints and be willing to sign a contract and have them DISPLAYED in her gallery!!!! My little heart was beating so fast I thought my buttons would pop off my blouse!!!!!! I was soooooooooooo flattered and my head was swelled so much that I had a hard time getting in my car to drive home...Just call me Darlene Big Head.
So, I rushed home, ordered my very best waterdrop photos, 3 8x10 which I will put in a 11x14 mat frame, 3 11x14's that go in my 16x20 mat frames and I even went overboard and ordered a 16x20 canvas print which came out more beautiful then I fully expected. I've already taken them to her for hanging and she loved them even more AND it's gets better, she wants to know if I would be willing to set up a workshop to show people how I do them...I am sitting on cloud 9, and you know what, even though I've got some expense put into this already, if I don't sell even one, I don't care, I'M IN AN ART GALLERY.... Yippee...
Okay, I better sign off, the moderators on here are going to give me a call and tell me they don't need to hear my stories online..But, I just wanted to tell you all,,,and once again, if it wasn't for all you guys and all the wonderful advice and helping me to learn my camera, flash and all the abilities within, I would have never accomplished anything anywhere near this...THANKYOU MY FRIENDS!!!!and I mean that sincerely!

Darlene

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: NEWS FLASH!!!!!
MEMcD Moderator
18th May 2012
elec164 Silver Member
18th May 2012
OnTERRYo Silver Member
18th May 2012
STAN__LEE Silver Member
18th May 2012
pasknucklehead Silver Member
18th May 2012
WD4MLA Silver Member
19th May 2012
19th May 2012
WD4MLA Silver Member
20th May 2012
suzyk Silver Member
27th May 2012
SheriB Silver Member
19th May 2012
avm247 Moderator
20th May 2012
buddyro48 Silver Member
21st May 2012
21st May 2012
danall Silver Member
22nd May 2012
23rd May 2012
km6xz Moderator
02nd Jun 2012
04th Jun 2012
clayolmstead Silver Member
27th Jun 2012
francine Silver Member
04th Jul 2012

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Fri 18-May-12 05:17 PM
25017 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: NEWS FLASH!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Darlene,

Congratulations!
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

elec164 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jan 2009Fri 18-May-12 05:46 PM
1897 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: NEWS FLASH!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Congratulations!!! Feels good to have someone fussing over your images doesn’t it!!

Pete

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

OnTERRYo Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Nov 2011Fri 18-May-12 06:10 PM
517 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: NEWS FLASH!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

Hamilton, CA

Congratulations Darlene,
From the examples I've seen, I am sure it is well deserved.
Keep us up to date.

OnTERRYo

"The Nikon did the work; I just happened to be behind it at the time." TP

STAN__LEE Silver Member Charter MemberFri 18-May-12 06:44 PM
6694 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: NEWS FLASH!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

ROSEVILLE, US

Great news, Darlene! Best wishes or continued success. stan

Stan Miller
A Roseville, CA Nikonian

pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008Fri 18-May-12 11:06 PM
1379 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: NEWS FLASH!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 4

creekside, US

Thanks Friends, I'm so super excited!!!!

Darlene

WD4MLA Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Nov 2002Sat 19-May-12 11:39 AM
894 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: NEWS FLASH!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Sylva, US

Congratulations Darlene! Doesn't it make you feel great? who did you use for your canvas print?

Jerry Jaynes
Great Smoky Mountains
of North Carolina

http://www.flickr.com/photos/by_jerry_jaynes/

pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008Sat 19-May-12 08:22 PM
#7. "RE: NEWS FLASH!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 6
Sat 19-May-12 08:23 PM by pasknucklehead

creekside, US

I used this one,,,the colors came out beautiful...It was a 16x20!!! I AM WOMAN!!!!

Darlene

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

WD4MLA Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Nov 2002Sun 20-May-12 12:27 PM
894 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: NEWS FLASH!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 7

Sylva, US

Thats beautiful, Darlene, Love the colors! What company did your canvis?

Jerry Jaynes
Great Smoky Mountains
of North Carolina

http://www.flickr.com/photos/by_jerry_jaynes/

suzyk Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Dec 2011Sun 27-May-12 05:22 AM
1563 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "RE: NEWS FLASH!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 7

near Hobart, AU

Darlene,

This is a beautiful shot.

Congratulations on your Art Gallery success. Your passion shines through. Well done.

Cheers,
Suzy

SheriB Silver Member Awarded for sharing her exceptional images and details of rural farm life. Nikonian since 11th Sep 2010Sat 19-May-12 08:58 PM
1468 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: NEWS FLASH!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

US

so Exactly what part of PA are you in? I and a friend or two might be interested in attending a workshop like that. I am starting to think York county doesnt view photography as art.

Sheri Becker

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Charter MemberSun 20-May-12 02:52 PM
18153 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: NEWS FLASH!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Rancho Cordova, US

That's awesome, Darlene, congrats!

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

buddyro48 Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Feb 2009Mon 21-May-12 02:04 AM
231 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: NEWS FLASH!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Santa Maria, US

YOU GO GIRL....

Regards,
Michael

pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008Mon 21-May-12 03:25 AM
#12. "RE: NEWS FLASH!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 11
Mon 21-May-12 03:26 AM by pasknucklehead

creekside, US

Thanks my friends, Sherry, I am from eastern pa down around Pittsburgh...It's a lot of fun, but can be so time consuming. Especially getting the focus. I spend half of my time trying to focus and the other half trying to figure out what new things I want to accomplish. It's rewarding though, especially knowing that the waterdrop YOU capture, NO ONE else has exactly the same thing....I love it. And Jerry, I get my work done at mpix...they are wonderful, and not that expensive...

Darlene

danall Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Feb 2009Tue 22-May-12 01:00 AM
109 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#13. "RE: NEWS FLASH!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 12

Springfield, US

What comes thru is your enthusiasm and excitement in pursuing and learning this hobby. Congrats.

Daniel Schlender

pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008Wed 23-May-12 01:30 AM
#14. "RE: NEWS FLASH!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 13

creekside, US

Hey thanks Daniel.........

Darlene

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Sat 02-Jun-12 04:22 AM
3262 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#16. "RE: NEWS FLASH!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 14

St Petersburg, RU

Hi Darlene, I don't check in with the old (D90)neighborhood much anymore so a little late in a conversation. But I just had to pop in ans say you really have been doing some interesting and impressive work. The posted image is wonderful, one that would be proudly hung on any art lover's wall. I've seen lots of images of water drops but the color, texture and scale makes this one about the best I've seen.
You discovered techniques that worked for you, solved the problems that stood in your way from realizing in image form what you imaged. That is one of the hallmarks of an "artist", in any medium.
Congratulations!
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008Mon 04-Jun-12 01:30 AM
#17. "RE: NEWS FLASH!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 16

creekside, US

Wow Stan, they don't make compliments any bigger than that, and I sincerely thankyou. This one is on a 16x20 canvas and let me tell you it looks fantastic. I am quite pleased with it. Thankyou once again,,and nice hearing from you....

Darlene

clayolmstead Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Jul 2010Wed 27-Jun-12 04:00 AM
197 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#18. "RE: NEWS FLASH!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Austin, US

Good for you. You deserve it for taking great pictures and having the courage to put yourself out there.

Clay
Austin, TX USA

francine Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Jun 2007Wed 04-Jul-12 09:28 PM
826 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#19. "RE: NEWS FLASH!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 18

Monroe, US

I have been here for a while. My son got married in Denver.
Isnt it the best feeling when someone tells you how great your shots are. I show my work at work (bank) and they say I should leave and work for National Geographic. I smile and say if Only I could.
I have one 1st place and 3rd for Lighthouse Digest magazine. I was on a high for months. The prize was not alot but seeing my phot in the magazine was a high.
I know you will sell. Keep shooting!!!

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251231 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.