Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251185
View in linear mode

Subject: "Do any of you use these Super wide angle aux. lenses fo..." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
This message is locked.
JBD90 Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Nov 2011Sun 13-May-12 03:32 AM
162 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Do any of you use these Super wide angle aux. lenses for novelty shots"

US

I don't need or want to lay out he $$$$ for a fisheye lens. I would like to have a lens that would give me a semi distorted view of the world. grab an entire train engine or something like that. There are thousands of them on eBay and most seem like a cheap fix for a one in a few months shot. they rate them .43 etc. Any of you have one that works for a less than fisheye image? Opinions? Thanks ... JB

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic

Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional. Nikonian since 07th Jul 2009Wed 16-May-12 07:02 AM
2487 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Do any of you use these Super wide angle aux. lenses for novelty shots"
In response to Reply # 0

Vantaa, FI

If you need it for occasional novelty shots of static subjects, how about using your current lens, multiple shots and panorama-stitching software, such as Photoshop Elements (<100$). I posted examples of HDR and panorama pictures captured with my Coolpix P7100 on this thread:

http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=153&topic_id=10552&mesg_id=10552&page=

Regards, Antero

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Thu 17-May-12 02:12 AM
24972 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Do any of you use these Super wide angle aux. lenses for novelty shots"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Please make all responses to this question in This Duplicate Thread in the Filters forum.
Thank you.

Best Regards,
Marty

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251185 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.