nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
pasknucklehead

US
1457 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008
Tue 08-May-12 08:00 PM

Hi everyone, been experimenting with water drops today. I'll get back here soon and let you all know the scoop.
Anyways, I am trying like heck to get these things in focus. I started out with some very light colored water and no matter how many times I used my pencil to set my focus, the drops are coming out soft. I am using my macro lens, I preset my focus using a pencil at the exact location the drop hits, set my settings at 16 and up and my flash to manual 1/64 using my remote off camera. I am also using a tripod so I don't know what I'm doing that is frustrating me so...Here is an example and I think this looks a little more sharp although not so sure it is as sharp as I could get it..Can you all take a look at it for me and let me know what you think? And also, could it be that the light colors are what is giving me the problems in my earlier attempts? I don't want to drive myself crazy if this is all the sharp I can actually get.

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Darlene

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Is this sharp?