Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251099
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000 gets stolen...D70s saves the day..." Previous topic | Next topic
Porceliamone Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Jul 2011Sun 29-Apr-12 08:09 PM
21 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 gets stolen...D70s saves the day..."
Sun 29-Apr-12 08:45 PM by Porceliamone

GB

Until recently I owned a D7000 and a D70s - both absolutely great camera's but unfortunately my D7000 was stolen and I had to go back to the D70s to complete my adult education course.

I thought I'd never get over losing the D7000 and I'm sure there's plenty to have been achieved using it but despite my despair and complete loss of confidence I produced the following timelapse video with the D70s. It included a lot of changing light and high ISO work...

In my mind, despite its age, it still came through for me...with a lot of work!

I'd really appreciate your thoughts and feedback on what I produced which can be found using the link below.

Best viewed with a decent connection and in HD!

Thank you in advance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JQGqvGu9wo

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D7000 gets stolen...D70s saves the day...
PRW Silver Member
29th Apr 2012
Porceliamone Silver Member
29th Apr 2012
MEMcD Moderator
29th Apr 2012
Liu Kang
11th May 2012
cliddell Silver Member
12th May 2012

PRW Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Apr 2002Sun 29-Apr-12 08:37 PM
228 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 gets stolen...D70s saves the day..."
In response to Reply # 0

Plymouth, GB

I'm no expert, but I can say I found the video fascinating, especially the coming and going of the snow and the activity in the room.

I recently had to send my D300 in for repair, and then rediscovered what a cracking little camera my D70 still is

Kind regards,
Paul

www.paulwheelerphotography.com/
www.flickr.com/photos/paul_wheeler/

Porceliamone Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Jul 2011Sun 29-Apr-12 08:43 PM
21 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000 gets stolen...D70s saves the day..."
In response to Reply # 1

GB

Many thanks for the reply, really appreciated.

I'd like to echo your sentiment - the main thrust of my post albeit a little unclear perhaps!

I was absolutely gutted when the D7000 was stolen. It took me a year to save the money to buy it and given I'd chosen to do a lot of high intensity shooting with variable lighting and demanding ISO conditions I thought all was lost but really, the D70s came through for me.

All the best

Steven

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sun 29-Apr-12 09:35 PM
25977 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7000 gets stolen...D70s saves the day..."
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Steven,

Sorry to hear about your D7000.
My D70s continues to serve me well.
Great work on the video.
Thanks for sharing.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Liu Kang Registered since 31st Mar 2012Fri 11-May-12 02:30 AM
62 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D7000 gets stolen...D70s saves the day..."
In response to Reply # 3

Weatherly, US

Sorry to hear that your D7000 was stolen. My car was broken into over the weekend but nothing major was stolen, cause there was nothing to really take.
But I just wanted to comment on the video, I thought it was very creative and really liked it. In a wild dreams sort of way, I hope to one day be able to do something like that!
Dan

cliddell Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Oct 2006Sat 12-May-12 12:36 PM
996 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D7000 gets stolen...D70s saves the day..."
In response to Reply # 0

Pietermaritzburg, ZA

Hi Porceliamone,

Very nice! Any tips on the way you went about the time lapse on the D70s. The Nikon remote with the time lapse facility is quite pricey and if there was something more affordable I would like to look into it.

Hope your stolen camera is somehow recovered undamaged!!

Regards,
Clive Liddell
Pietermaritzburg
South Africa

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251099 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.