Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251052
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon D90- main image is a blurr" Previous topic | Next topic
Tanja Djekic Registered since 14th Apr 2012Sat 14-Apr-12 05:31 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon D90- main image is a blurr"

AE

Hi, is it me or is is my 8 month old camera dying?? I'm new!!
Can someone tell me WHY my centre focus is blurry 90% of the time. It doesnt seem to matter what setting I'm shooting from, but the main focus in my picutre is blurry yet the surrounding picture is in perfect focus.
What the??
Yes I am a novice and am waiting on my "Mastering the D90" to arrive however I am impatient also
Can anyone give a solution? Do I have it set in something I shouldnt have??

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberSat 14-Apr-12 08:10 PM
33936 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon D90- main image is a blurr"
In response to Reply # 0

San Pedro Garza García, MX

It is possible your actually selected AF focus point is one elsewhere, not the one at the center.
If you could post an image and its specs we may be able to help you faster.

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story, The Team
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade. Join your personal web site to the Nikonians WebRing
Make sure you check our workshops at The Nikonians Academy and the product catalog of the Photo Pro Shop

michaelhager Registered since 15th Feb 2007Mon 16-Apr-12 08:19 PM
2284 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#2. "RE: Nikon D90- main image is a blurr"
In response to Reply # 0

Fountain Inn, US

It's also possible you have a smudge on your lens. Check both the front and rear element. An old school trick was to smear Vaseline around the edges of a clear filter to obtain a vignette soft focus. The opposite could occur with a fingerprint in the center of the lens.

Do you have more than one lens? If so, does it happen with all of them?

C. Michael Hager
Your most important piece of photo equipment is built into your face.
www.cmhager.com/Content/photo.shtml

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

IanCT Registered since 15th Sep 2008Tue 17-Apr-12 06:41 AM
253 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikon D90- main image is a blurr"
In response to Reply # 0

SF Bay, US

Is your camera actually focusing when you depress the shutter release button halfway?

Look at the lens, does it have an M - M/A switch? Check to make sure it's not switched to M. This would mean the lens is in manual focus only.

Also on your camera there is a switch on the left side of the body that says C S M - if it's on M, this is also a manual override for AF lenses but also disables focus on AF-S lenses as well.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251052 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.