nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251012
View in linear mode

Subject: "D90 Grey LCD Screen" Previous topic | Next topic
freesteamin Registered since 30th Mar 2012Sat 07-Apr-12 01:34 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D90 Grey LCD Screen"

US

About a week ago, my LCD screen stopped functioning. The backlight still illuminates but the screen is just grey with some dark grey vertical striping. When I press the LiveView button and pan the camera the bars appear to move horizontally. I don't know if this has any bearing on the problem but the battery may have been changed while the camera was still turned on. I have seen a number of comments on other websites about the grey LCD problem. I have tried all the resets, battery and memory removal tricks that have been mentioned. A few posts mention bad connectors or a bad LCD but most seem to indicate that it means the display board is bad and has to be replaced. I scanned these forums but didn't see any mention of this problem. If I was sure it was the connector or LCD I'd have a try at replacing the LCD since replacement LCDs are readily available and inexpensive. Anyone had this problem or know if there is a way to diagnose what part has gone bad?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

serpentnoir Registered since 11th Apr 2012Wed 11-Apr-12 03:54 AM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D90 Grey LCD Screen"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Same problem here. I purchased the camera soon after it's introduction back in the fall of 2008 and took 2,500 pictures since. Then last week out of nowhere: LCD gone. There is very little info online regarding this issue.

HenkB Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2004Wed 11-Apr-12 02:47 PM
541 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D90 Grey LCD Screen"
In response to Reply # 0

Wayland, US

I experienced much the same when the camera was just a few weeks out of the box. I sent it back to Nikon (Melville) and had a functioning camera back in my hands in relatively short order. Nikon's repair report was in their typically opaque style so I have no idea where the fault lay. In fact, talk about bravado, I took the camera on a 10 day trip to Europe less than a week after its return from Melville. In the two years following the repair it has been a solid performer with no glitches, whatsoever.

Best,

Hendrik

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251012 Previous topic | Next topic