Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #250718
View in linear mode

Subject: "Glare on Monitor" Previous topic | Next topic
nancyrbogen Registered since 13th Feb 2012Mon 13-Feb-12 08:46 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Glare on Monitor"

US

I own a D-90, and I am shooting video clips in Florida, where the light is very bright. The glare on D-90's monitor is so fierce that it makes little difference even when I shade the monitor with my hand.

I called Nikon tech support, and they suggested that I lower the LCD brightness, which I did all the way, but this did not help.

Is there anything I can do, anything I can attach or even (lightly) paste?

I can't be the only one who has encountered this problem.

Much obliged for any suggestions.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Mon 13-Feb-12 09:03 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Glare on Monitor"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon 13-Feb-12 09:04 PM by gkaiseril

Chicago, US

I would look a the Hoodman HoodLoupe. It blocks out all surrounding light sources.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

nancyrbogen Registered since 13th Feb 2012Mon 13-Feb-12 09:39 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Glare on Monitor"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Thanks. I looked at the video-ad, and it says the loop is for showing other people what you have videotaped. Will it also work to help me line up a scene BEFORE videotaping it?

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Mon 13-Feb-12 11:08 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Glare on Monitor"
In response to Reply # 2

Chicago, US

The Loupe was designed for still cameras only. Did you look at the Camera Kit and the video for that package?

If you are looking the rear lcd display while shooting then the loupe should work. With the addition of the bungi cords and the magnifying eye cup you should be able to hold the camera up to your eye and have the outside light sources blocked while you are shooting and viewing the rear lcd screen.

Also look at the HDSLR Video Products link and watch that video.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #250718 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.