nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
pasknucklehead

US
1457 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008
Sun 12-Feb-12 02:44 AM | edited Sun 12-Feb-12 02:54 AM by pasknucklehead

Hi everyone, back up here from the wildlife site to bother you guys again..I know you all missed me,,come on..!! Anyways. Went to shoot some butterflies to take my mind off of all this snow for awhile and was wondering this. A bunch of my shots were wonderful with the butterfly in sharp focus agains a pure black background, by accident, I assure you. So I checked on some of the other shots and the settings were all identical except I had auto iso on and that changed. Would that be the main reason I had black backgrounds and some weren't. I'll send over two pictures so you can see what I mean. Thanks in advance guys. Nice to be up here again with this forum. Learned tons in the wildlife forum, those guys are great also. These 2 photos were taken at f8 1/200 iso 500 and the other iso 200. both were at 200mm and a +1ev. I used my sb600 on board flash and actually think I had that dialed down a little so it wasn't overpowering, but I can't remember. Check them out for me please and let me know what you think...The first one was the iso 500.

Click on image to view larger version
Click on image to view larger version

Wow, my pictures look terrible on here. I've used the image size in pse10 and sized the at 900 on the long end. And then used my slider to put my file under 150. Boy they look horrid..Oh well, just wondering about the darkness of one and not the other...thanks
Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

Darlene

G