Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #250666
View in linear mode

Subject: "D90 video files." Previous topic | Next topic
JBD90 Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Nov 2011Mon 06-Feb-12 09:27 PM
168 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D90 video files."

US

I am a total novice with video and I can use/work most of my D90's features most of the time. I took a short video clip that I wanted to trim and post mainly for the sound recording. It is in AVI format. So I loaded up my brand new Adobe Elements with Premiere that I bought specifically because it would edit video.

This is like giving yourself an impacted tooth ache.
Elements will not work with the D90 AVI format as it needs a Codec which it seems is already on my computer as it was located with a utility I downloaded and Picasa can open, play and trim the clip.

My question is, do any of you shoot video with your D90 and edit it? If so with what? Any place to find Adobe experts to point me to high ground or do I pack the mess up and sell it on Craigs List? JBD90

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

OnTERRYo Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Nov 2011Tue 07-Feb-12 01:32 AM
529 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D90 video files."
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 07-Feb-12 01:32 AM by OnTERRYo

Hamilton, CA

Hi John,

By far, I am NOT an expert here but, with my D90 being new
in Ocotber, I was able to record a pagent (the portion with
my grandsons in it) and then modify it for sending.
If I can do it - anyone can.
We are Windows Vista and I used the already-bundled
Windows Live Movie Maker and it worked.
I didn't modify the audio but then I didn't have to or want to.
What computer platform are you using? Windows? Apple?
You mentioned Adobe Elements - I bet it is Windows.

Good luck - we'll help get you an answer.

OnTERRYo

"The Nikon did the work; I just happened to be behind it at the time." TP

jimbo320 Registered since 17th Mar 2012Sat 17-Mar-12 05:52 PM
8 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D90 video files."
In response to Reply # 1

US

Try Sony Vegas 11, it works a treat.

eeh35 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Dec 2011Sat 31-Mar-12 11:28 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D90 video files."
In response to Reply # 2

Sedona, US

Has anyone used the Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4. I have been using Elements and figured it was time to upgrade a bit.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberSun 01-Apr-12 02:42 AM
10680 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D90 video files."
In response to Reply # 0

US

This is the guidance from Adobe:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/415317?tstart=0

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #250666 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.