nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
luciah

US
4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
luciah Registered since 30th Dec 2011
Thu 19-Jan-12 12:01 AM

I've been shooting my D80 in aperture mode, and have been getting very grainy photos even with wide open apertures. I seem to have more problems with my 60mmNikkor 1:2.8D lens than with the zoom which came with the camera. The polarizing filters seem to make it all worse.

The cameras ISO seems to be set at 1000 by default. I have not adjusted it, so I presume its on auto. Do you have any advice on how I can get away from these grainy photos?

thanks,

Lucia

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Grainy Photos JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit.
19th Jan 2012
Reply message RE: Grainy Photos MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
19th Jan 2012
Reply message RE: Grainy Photos from adding Fill Light in Raw luciah
21st Jan 2012
     Reply message RE: Grainy Photos from adding Fill Light in Raw MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
23rd Jan 2012
     Reply message RE: Grainy Photos from adding Fill Light in Raw Manunia
26th Jan 2012
Reply message RE: Grainy Photos aolander Silver Member
22nd Jan 2012
Reply message RE: Grainy Photos Manunia
26th Jan 2012

G