Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #250426
View in linear mode

Subject: "uploading from D70" Previous topic | Next topic
vincelotus1 Registered since 15th Dec 2011Wed 11-Jan-12 04:21 PM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"uploading from D70"

Ft. Myers, US

I attempted to upload from D70 to my computer.Usually lightroom 3 pops up showing D70. Lately nothing shows up or pop up.When I looked in My Computer it does not show there. A window opens asking what I want to do, this usually works.I use Picasa to upload. What's happening with this.Is it the D70 setting , Lightroom, the computer, or what.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: uploading from D70
avm247 Moderator
11th Jan 2012
vincelotus1
12th Jan 2012
vincelotus1
12th Jan 2012
gkaiseril Gold Member
11th Jan 2012
vincelotus1
12th Jan 2012
MEMcD Moderator
12th Jan 2012
vincelotus1
12th Jan 2012
Bela614 Silver Member
13th Jan 2012

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Charter MemberWed 11-Jan-12 04:46 PM
18357 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: uploading from D70"
In response to Reply # 0

Rancho Cordova, US

Are you connecting the D70 directly to the computer?

Have you tried using a card reader?

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

vincelotus1 Registered since 15th Dec 2011Thu 12-Jan-12 02:25 PM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: uploading from D70"
In response to Reply # 1

Ft. Myers, US

My camera is connected to the computer. I have a Dell computer, I think it's a studio 7100. Do not know exactly because I am at work. I contact Dell last night and chatted with a rep. It has something to do with the software. The rep. work on the problem for a while but told me to contact other Dell units. Funny think though after the rep hung up. The computer started acting like it was suppose to do.I am still going to call them before my warrant runs out in March.

vincelotus1 Registered since 15th Dec 2011Thu 12-Jan-12 02:36 PM
#7. "RE: uploading from D70"
In response to Reply # 1

Ft. Myers, US

I forgot to say Thank you for your help.Thank You.

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Wed 11-Jan-12 05:16 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: uploading from D70"
In response to Reply # 0

Chicago, US

Make sure your D70 USB setting is set to the "PTP" option, page 165 of the D70 user manual.

Does the D70 show up as a "Camera/Scanner" or file folder when you look at your computer in Windows Explorer?

George
My Nikonian Galleries

vincelotus1 Registered since 15th Dec 2011Thu 12-Jan-12 02:30 PM
#5. "RE: uploading from D70"
In response to Reply # 2

Ft. Myers, US

The USB setting is PTP. Nothing shows up on my computer.My camera is connected to the computer. I have a Dell computer, I think it's a studio 7100. Do not know exactly because I am at work. I contact Dell last night and chatted with a rep. It has something to do with the software. The rep. work on the problem for a while but told me to contact other Dell units. Funny think though after the rep hung up. The computer started acting like it was suppose to do.I am still going to call them before my warranty runs out in March.Thanks anyway.

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Thu 12-Jan-12 07:10 AM
25655 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: uploading from D70"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Vince,

What type of computer are you using and what operating system are you using?
That will determine what you should set USB to in the camera menu. See page 165 and 171 in the D70 Users Manual .
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

vincelotus1 Registered since 15th Dec 2011Thu 12-Jan-12 02:35 PM
#6. "RE: uploading from D70"
In response to Reply # 3

Ft. Myers, US

My OS is window home XP.My setting for USB is PTP.My camera is connected to the computer. I have a Dell computer, I think it's a studio 7100. Do not know exactly because I am at work. I contact Dell last night and chatted with a rep. It has something to do with the software. The rep. work on the problem for a while but told me to contact other Dell units. Funny thing though, after the rep hung up. The computer started acting like it was suppose to do.I am still going to call them before my warranty runs out in March.Thank you.

Bela614 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Dec 2004Fri 13-Jan-12 03:08 PM
344 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: uploading from D70"
In response to Reply # 6

Bellingham, US

Hello,
I had a cord that connects the computer to the camera go out on me. Nothing would show up on "My Computer".
Take care.
Bill

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see" Henry David Thoreau
(1817-62)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #250426 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.