nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D70s Card Problem: DCIM, DCIO, lost pictures

bunkermunkey4

US
4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
bunkermunkey4 Registered since 14th Aug 2011
Sun 14-Aug-11 03:03 PM

I'm a 22yr old amateur photographer shooting in Puerto Rico for a few weeks. I signed up for nikonians today because I really need some help!

Yesterday, I was shooting in a rainforest, and my battery was getting low, but it made it through the whole day. I checked most my pictures after taking them and everything looked great. But when I went to transfer my pictures last night, only the last 9 pictures were there - in a DCIM folder. There is also a DCIO folder, which was 10 or so files with random symbolic text file names - all 0 bytes. There is also a DCIO " " folder, but I can't open it. I don't see another folder or anywhere else that might be hiding hundreds of picture files.

Unfortunately, I don't have a card reader with me, so I'm forced to access the card through a USB cord connected directly to the camera. I tried using a mac and a pc, but the results are the same. I'm using a Nikon D70s, and the memory card is a Kingston 16GB 133x "Elite Pro" compact flash card, like this: http://megapchardware.com/zencart/images/Kingston%20CF16GBS216GB%20Compact%20Flash%20Elite%20Pro.jpg

I've tried reading about this problem, but for most people, they can still view all the pictures on their camera, but they have trouble transferring them. I can view only 9 pictures on my camera. It appears as through hundreds of pictures just vanished, and I am really hoping that is not the case.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D70s Card Problem: DCIM, DCIO, lost pictures

G