Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #248327
View in linear mode

Subject: "D90 - Latest/Current Firmware?" Previous topic | Next topic
marks357 Registered since 17th Jul 2008Sat 21-May-11 08:51 PM
231 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D90 - Latest/Current Firmware?"

NNJ, US

What is the latest/current firmware version for the D90? (I thought these were all listed here in one of the Nikonians forums; if they are, I can't find them; but I could be wrong).

The only thing listed on the NikonUSA site is v. 1.002 for the Distortion Control Data.

My D90 (just acquired used) has:

A: 1.00
B: 1.00
L: 1.000

So the update on the NikonUSA site will update the lens distortion control data (L) from 1.000 to 1.002.

What about A: and B:? Anything more current than v. 1.00?

-Mark-

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D90 - Latest/Current Firmware?
MEMcD Moderator
22nd May 2011
marks357
23rd May 2011
MEMcD Moderator
23rd May 2011
michaelhager
23rd May 2011
marks357
23rd May 2011

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sun 22-May-11 02:21 AM
26474 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D90 - Latest/Current Firmware?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Mark,

Since there is only a single bin file in the latest firmware download, I suspect there is no reason to upgrade A or B.
Did you install the new firmware.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

marks357 Registered since 17th Jul 2008Mon 23-May-11 03:04 AM
231 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D90 - Latest/Current Firmware?"
In response to Reply # 1

NNJ, US

Just thought that since the D90 has been out for about 3 years, it was likely there had been at least 1 firmware update from v. 1.00 (which I assume was the original version from when it was first introduced?).
Maybe not.

Yes, I did update the distortion control data to v. 1.002.

Thanks.

-Mark-

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Mon 23-May-11 03:29 AM
26474 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D90 - Latest/Current Firmware?"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Hi Mark,

When Nikon updates the firmware, All previous updates are included in the latest version of the firmware.
Keep in mind that the D50, D60, D70S, D1, and D2XS which are all significantly older than the D90 have never had their firmware updated.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

michaelhager Registered since 15th Feb 2007Mon 23-May-11 03:47 PM
2284 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#4. "RE: D90 - Latest/Current Firmware?"
In response to Reply # 3

Fountain Inn, US

Firmware updates are only issued to solve problems or bugs with the initial release.

Sometimes (but rarely) when problems are solved, added or revised features are also included with the update.

C. Michael Hager
Your most important piece of photo equipment is built into your face.
www.cmhager.com/Content/photo.shtml

marks357 Registered since 17th Jul 2008Mon 23-May-11 07:08 PM
#5. "RE: D90 - Latest/Current Firmware?"
In response to Reply # 4

NNJ, US

So I guess the D90 firmware was 'perfect' from the camera's initial release, and never needed an update! <g>

-Mark-

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #248327 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.