Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #23834
View in linear mode

Subject: "New member of the "I just bought a D80 club"" Previous topic | Next topic
zangler Registered since 27th Nov 2007Mon 10-Dec-07 09:25 PM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"New member of the "I just bought a D80 club""

Houston, US

well...i just picked one up with the 18-135 lens, and already have taken a few hundred pictures with it. just wanted to say hello. This is my first dive into dSLR.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: New member of the
James23p Moderator
10th Dec 2007
Reply message RE: New member of the "I just bought a D80 club"
stephenmhooker
11th Dec 2007
intrepidnz
11th Dec 2007
zangler
11th Dec 2007
LanceJ
12th Dec 2007
Joves
12th Dec 2007
cpatinjone Moderator
12th Dec 2007
zangler
12th Dec 2007

James23p Moderator Awarded for his wide variety of skills, a true generalist both in film and digital photography Nikonian since 25th Apr 2004Mon 10-Dec-07 09:54 PM
9684 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: New member of the"
In response to Reply # 0

Memphis, US

Welcome to Nikonians and the D80 forum, I love my D80 it is an awesome camera and the 18-135DX is a very sharp and versitile lens! Hope to see you post often and again congrats on the D80.

Jim

Share, Learn and Inspire
www.nikonians.org

I will use film until the last roll and last lab are gone. Go Navy

stephenmhooker Registered since 04th Apr 2006Tue 11-Dec-07 03:39 AM
293 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#2. "RE: New member of the "I just bought a D80 club""
In response to Reply # 0

Georgetown, US

Congrats and enjoy!

-SMH

Learning the hard way is still learning, right?

My Gallery

intrepidnz Registered since 18th Nov 2004Tue 11-Dec-07 05:21 AM
233 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: New member of the "I just bought a D80 club""
In response to Reply # 0

NZ

Good on you!!

Good snapping!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

zangler Registered since 27th Nov 2007Tue 11-Dec-07 06:39 AM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: New member of the "I just bought a D80 club""
In response to Reply # 3

Houston, US

thanks for the welcome...i am already sure i will love this camera...i am most surprised by how intuitive the settings and buttons are.

LanceJ Registered since 23rd Oct 2007Wed 12-Dec-07 12:05 AM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: New member of the"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Zangler,

I'm glad you like your D80. I just bought one about two weeks ago. Like you, it is my first DSLR. It certainly seems like a great camera. I think we came to the right place to pick up good tips on how to use it.

Congratulations!

Lance.

Joves Registered since 28th Jan 2006Wed 12-Dec-07 01:43 AM
506 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: New member of the"
In response to Reply # 5

Flagstaff, US

Welcome and, enjoy your D80. Im saving my pennies for a D3 now but, I will still keep my D80. Well I will be using it alot till I get the pennies saved.

I shoot therefore, Iam.
http://joves.smugmug.com

cpatinjone Moderator awarded for a wide variety of photography skills Charter MemberWed 12-Dec-07 03:03 PM
6267 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: New member of the "I just bought a D80 club""
In response to Reply # 0

Breaux Bridge, US

HI,

Congratulations!

I will be purchasing my first DSLR soon and it will be a D80.

Have a great day!
"From the Atchafalaya Basin, in Cajun Country, Louisiana, USA"
Cpatinjone (Carolyn)

Nikonians® - Worldwide Home for Nikon® Photographers
"Share, Learn and Inspire"

NikoScope® - Find Photography Friends From All Over The World

Nikonians Academy - Master Your Photography
www.nikoniansacademy.com

zangler Registered since 27th Nov 2007Wed 12-Dec-07 08:28 PM
#8. "RE: New member of the "I just bought a D80 club""
In response to Reply # 7

Houston, US

i also just picked up the 50mm 1.8 and it is amazing...this is the exact reason why i got the d80 over the d40...ability to use lenses like that and compose great shots.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #23834 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.