Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #233635
View in linear mode

Subject: "D90 HDMI connection" Previous topic | Next topic
DouglasD90 Registered since 10th Feb 2009Mon 01-Jun-09 11:28 AM
280 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D90 HDMI connection"

US

Is there a special cable I need to buy to use the hdmi jack? I was going to plug the camera directly to my monitor (computer died) to view some pics, but my hdmi cable was like twice the size of the little socket on the camera. Do I just need to buy a different type of cable or some type of adapter?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

avigar Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Nov 2006Mon 01-Jun-09 12:50 PM
485 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D90 HDMI connection"
In response to Reply # 0

Northern IL, US

You'll need a mini HDMI to HDMI cable to use with the camera. You should be able to find these via mail order which would be cheaper.

DouglasD90 Registered since 10th Feb 2009Mon 01-Jun-09 12:55 PM
280 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D90 HDMI connection"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Ah ok. Thanks. Didnt even know they came in different sizes.

FThompson Registered since 29th Apr 2008Mon 01-Jun-09 01:00 PM
850 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D90 HDMI connection"
In response to Reply # 0

Sans Avatar, US

Hi Douglas,
Here are a few links.
B & H - http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?ci=0&shs=mini+HDMI&sb=ps&pn=1&sq=desc&InitialSearch=yes&O=jsp%2Fproductlist.jsp&A=search&Q=*&bhs=t&Go.x=0&Go.y=0&Go=submit
Adorama - http://www.adorama.com/searchsite/default.aspx?kbid=64628&searchinfo=mini%20HDMI%20to%20HDMI
Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw_1_9?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=mini+hdmi+to+hdmi+cable&x=0&y=0&sprefix=mini+HDMI

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #233635 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.