nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR NIKON CAMERA Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #233635
View in linear mode

Subject: "D90 HDMI connection" Previous topic | Next topic
DouglasD90   US  Registered since 10th Feb 2009 Mon 01-Jun-09 12:28 PM
280 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D90 HDMI connection"

Is there a special cable I need to buy to use the hdmi jack? I was going to plug the camera directly to my monitor (computer died) to view some pics, but my hdmi cable was like twice the size of the little socket on the camera. Do I just need to buy a different type of cable or some type of adapter?

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

avigar Silver Member  Northern IL, US  Nikonian since 29th Nov 2006 Mon 01-Jun-09 01:50 PM
486 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D90 HDMI connection"
In response to Reply # 0

You'll need a mini HDMI to HDMI cable to use with the camera. You should be able to find these via mail order which would be cheaper.

DouglasD90   US  Registered since 10th Feb 2009 Mon 01-Jun-09 01:55 PM
280 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D90 HDMI connection"
In response to Reply # 1

Ah ok. Thanks. Didnt even know they came in different sizes.

FThompson   Sans Avatar, US  Registered since 29th Apr 2008 Mon 01-Jun-09 02:00 PM
850 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D90 HDMI connection"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi Douglas,
Here are a few links.
B & H - http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?ci=0&shs=mini+HDMI&sb=ps&pn=1&sq=desc&InitialSearch=yes&O=jsp%2Fproductlist.jsp&A=search&Q=*&bhs=t&Go.x=0&Go.y=0&Go=submit
Adorama - http://www.adorama.com/searchsite/default.aspx?kbid=912610&searchinfo=mini%20HDMI%20to%20HDMI
Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw_1_9?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=mini+hdmi+to+hdmi+cable&x=0&y=0&sprefix=mini+HDMI

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR NIKON CAMERA Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #233635 Previous topic | Next topic