nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Need help with D90 portrait settings

boxerlover

North Adams, US
47 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
boxerlover Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Aug 2006
Tue 25-Nov-08 11:42 PM

We're traveling to GA to see our new month old grandchild, will only have two days and if there is anyone who has a D90 and has had success with photos of infants, I would so appreciate any tips. I'm taking my new D90, a 50 mm 1.8 lens and the 18-105 kit lens, traveling light. Right now, I have my portrait settings on Sharpening 5, Contrast +1, Brightness -1, Saturation +1 and 0 for Hue. Would standard or neutral be better? I usually shoot landscapes or macro and had a D80 prior to this and just don't have any babies or kids to practice on. I'm really wanting to spend time cuddling our new baby and not worrying about settings but I just have to get some good shots to take home, plus I really want to make a photo book for my son and d-i-l for Christmas. Leaving next week. Any help at all will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Need help with D90 portrait settings michael1778 Silver Member
26th Nov 2008
Reply message RE: Need help with D90 portrait settings boxerlover Silver Member
26th Nov 2008
     Reply message RE: Need help with D90 portrait settings michaelhager
26th Nov 2008
26th Nov 2008
               Reply message RE: Need help with D90 portrait settings Socrates Silver Member
26th Nov 2008
26th Nov 2008
                         Reply message RE: Need help with D90 portrait settings LATENTA
26th Nov 2008
26th Nov 2008
26th Nov 2008
27th Nov 2008

G