Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #223710
View in linear mode

Subject: "List of Fully Compatible Lenses with D90" Previous topic | Next topic
annnewjerz Registered since 29th Oct 2008Wed 29-Oct-08 04:55 PM
31 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"List of Fully Compatible Lenses with D90"

US

New to this forum and someone from another forum was previously nice enough to send me a link for my D60 with a complete listing of all compatible lenses.

I am thinking of upgrading to the D90 within the next few months and was wondering if there was a similar list for this camera. I know it is compatible with all AF lenses Nikon makes, but would also like a list of other manufacturers such as Sigma and Tamron.

If there is, I would appreciate it if someone would be so kind as to post the link so I can add it to my favorites.

Thanks!!
Ann

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Wed 29-Oct-08 05:16 PM
29239 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: List of Fully Compatible Lenses with D90"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 29-Oct-08 05:16 PM by briantilley

Paignton, UK

Welcome to Nikonians, Andrea!

The reason a list of compatible lenses was needed for the D40/D40X/D60 was that these cameras will only autofocus with lenses that have their own internal AF motor. With some brands, it can be difficult to tell from the lens designation whether a lens does have a motor or not, so a list is useful.

With the D90, any AF lens of any brand will be completely compatible, so as long as it says "AF" (and is Nikon-mount), it's OK

I know of no complete list of AF lenses; I suggest checking the manufacturers' websites for the latest information, for example:

Sigma
Tamron
Tokina

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

mike1944 Registered since 23rd Sep 2008Thu 30-Oct-08 03:36 AM
67 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: List of Fully Compatible Lenses with D90"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Lens compatibility chart here. Hope it helps.

http://chsvimg.nikon.com/products/imaging/lineup/d90/en/system-accessory/

Mike

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #223710 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.