nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #221729
View in linear mode

Subject: "D80 and a SpeedLight" Previous topic | Next topic
zeeman Registered since 23rd Jul 2008Tue 23-Sep-08 12:07 AM
6 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D80 and a SpeedLight"

South Bend, US

Have my D80 and now looking for a speedlight. Looking for any and all suggestions.........

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Chirevas Registered since 17th May 2007Tue 23-Sep-08 02:28 AM
63 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D80 and a SpeedLight"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 23-Sep-08 02:28 AM by Chirevas

US

Which speedlight to go with depends on what you're trying to accomplish and what your budget is. A lot of people have the sb-400, which is inexpensive and very small (nearly pocketable)and retails around $100 I have one and I love it. The sb-600 is quite a bit more powerful and what you'd think of in terms of a traditional flash size - retails for around $200 and the sb-800 is the most versatile. It's a large flash which can be used to control other flashes wireless - retails for around $300. I have one of those as well, but have found it's not all that useful for me - I don't do "event" type photography where I need to light up a lot of space.

Once you give folks a better idea of what you want to use the flash for, you can get more detailed advice... That's just my two cents off the bat..

D80User Registered since 25th Aug 2006Tue 23-Sep-08 02:34 AM
21 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D80 and a SpeedLight"
In response to Reply # 0

Simpsonville, US

SB-400 if you are doing indoor family photos.

SB-600 if you need more reach than the SB-400 for bounce flash or outdoor fill shots.

SB-800 if you are going to be doing a lot of commander mode multi-flash shots.

SB-900 if you have lots of money and need to build up your arm muscles.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #221729 Previous topic | Next topic