Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #219493
View in linear mode

Subject: "Price of D70" Previous topic | Next topic
Oskie_Porshie Registered since 02nd Oct 2003Tue 13-Jan-04 03:32 AM
522 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Price of D70"

Toronto, CA

FYI, at one our my local camera stores (Henry's), the price of the D70 has actually been posted. It is priced at Cdn$1600 and US$1250 (they have both US and Cdn prices). As a point of reference, they are selling the Canon Rebel at US$1015, which is $115 more than B&H. On their website, Henry's said the D70 is expected to arrive in the Spring of 2004, but that we can pre-order. Strange that they have the price up so early!

Macy

Just trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

rutherfordphoto Awarded for his article contributions to the Resources Registered since 27th Aug 2002Tue 13-Jan-04 03:47 AM
5099 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Price of D70"
In response to Reply # 0

Vancouver, CA

This price is just an guess by Henry's as an effort in order to drum-up advance sales.

Nikon Canada has no reference or listing for the D70. There is no advance ordering available for authorized Dealers.

Allan, A Comox Valley Nikonian
Find out more about me on the Nikonians Team Page

~Cheers, Allan~
www.allanschroeder.com

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Charter MemberTue 13-Jan-04 04:49 PM
18536 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Price of D70"
In response to Reply # 1

Rancho Cordova, US

I'm sure it's a ballpark price that can be adjusted once the recommended price is released by Nikon. One local Ritz Camera is "unofficially" keeping a list of pre-orders for D70 bodies.

Anthony

Find out more about me on the Moderator Page
"The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard."

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

lordnikon Registered since 18th Feb 2002Wed 14-Jan-04 01:48 AM
5996 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#3. "RE: Price of D70"
In response to Reply # 2

Frederick, US

Even for a ballpark the price sounds a bit high.

Aaron J. Heiner
Team Coast Guard Photographer
US Department of Homeland Security

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #219493 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.