Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #219479
View in linear mode

Subject: "Not To Add Fuel to the Fire....(LINK WORKING NOW)" Previous topic | Next topic
Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberThu 22-Jan-04 01:57 PM
10765 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Not To Add Fuel to the Fire....(LINK WORKING NOW)"

US

Update: Silly me - after months of linking stuff, I made a newbie error and left in some forward slashes. DOH! It's working now folks.

While my previous post on Thom Hogan's Specs may have been the product of a semi-spoof (or more importantly, a WAAAY TOO PREMATURE release that even Nikon thought outweighed the benefits of a "leaked" spin), these photos appear to be closer to the mark. Note that a previous PS mockup made it's way around the various camera sites with a D2H style back. This looks good - the ergonomics match up to the N75 origins of the body and it's intended entry-level market.

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Not To Add Fuel to the Fire....
rutherfordphoto
22nd Jan 2004
Reply message RE: Not To Add Fuel to the Fire....(LINK WORKING NOW)
tl
22nd Jan 2004
Covey22 Moderator
23rd Jan 2004
wxboss
23rd Jan 2004
Big V
24th Jan 2004

rutherfordphoto Awarded for his article contributions to the Resources Registered since 27th Aug 2002Thu 22-Jan-04 02:53 PM
5099 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Not To Add Fuel to the Fire...."
In response to Reply # 0

Vancouver, CA

Here is a link to the Text portion of what Thom Hogan said. It does not mean it is true, but due to the way Nikon reacted, I would think that the majority of it is true.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1021&message=7360757

Allan, A Comox Valley Nikonian
Find out more about me on the Nikonians Team Page

~Cheers, Allan~
www.allanschroeder.com

tl Basic MemberThu 22-Jan-04 11:28 PM
201 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Not To Add Fuel to the Fire....(LINK WORKING NOW)"
In response to Reply # 0

Ames, US

"Not to add fuel to the fire..." he says as he unscrews the lid to the gas can .

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberFri 23-Jan-04 12:55 AM
10765 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Not To Add Fuel to the Fire....(LINK WORKING NOW)"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Hehehe. It was a slow news day, can you tell?

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

wxboss Registered since 23rd Jan 2004Fri 23-Jan-04 12:33 PM
220 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Not To Add Fuel to the Fire....(LINK WORKING NOW)"
In response to Reply # 3

Jacksonville, US

I'm partial to film cameras (I guess it's the ole timer in me), but this one may convince me to go digital

Nikonians: The largest NAS therapy group on the Web!
Pete
Jax, FL

Big V Registered since 22nd Dec 2003Sat 24-Jan-04 12:33 AM
16 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#5. "RE: Not To Add Fuel to the Fire....(LINK WORKING NOW)"
In response to Reply # 0

Sacramento, US

Pretty darn impressive specifications; are they true however? I guess we'll find out soon.

Good times

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #219479 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.