The printing company that I'm working for printed the D70 manual this
We also print (for Europe only) all the coolpix manuals and usually it
takes about 4 to 6 weeks for the camera's to hit the shops after we've
printed them. I don't know if this means that the D70 will be coming out
earlier than was first announced.
But anyway, the main details on the D70 are:
- 6.1 million effective pixels
- CCD size: 23.7 x 15.6mm, total pixels: 6.31 million
- Image size: 3008x2000(large), 2240x1448(medium), 1504x1000(small)
- viewfinder coverage: 95%
- autofocus: Multi-CAM900
- shutter: combined mechanical and CCD electronic shutter
- 200-1600 iso
- max frame rate: 3 per second (in M-mode with Manual focus!)
- NEF:compressed 12-bit
- monitor: 1.8inch, 130,000-dot
- video output NTSC or PAL
- firmware can be upgraded by user
- power source: EN-EL3 Li-ion or three CR2 lithium batteries( with MS-D70
-weight 595g(1 lb 5 oz)
other new stuff mentioned in the manual:
- AF-S DX 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G IF ED lens
- SB-600 flash, guide number 39/128 m/ft
If more details needed, please let me know.
#1. "RE: D/70 User Manual" | In response to Reply # 0
Alex_86 Registered since 19th Aug 2003Sat 24-Jan-04 11:47 PM
Wow David thanks for coming through with the information. I think this may be the first specs that we truly can take seriously.
Just curious, are you legally allowed to tell use this information?
#2. "RE: D/70 User Manual" | In response to Reply # 0
Paul_Fisher Basic MemberSat 24-Jan-04 11:50 PM
Freddy, I hope you're not breaking an oath of secrecy that could get you into trouble?
shutter: combined mechanical and CCD electronic shutter
What's the story with this one? Any mention of the 1/8000 shutter speed that's been touted around the place?
Nikonian in Perth, Western Australia
My home page
#3. "RE: D/70 User Manual" | In response to Reply # 2