nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #219349
View in linear mode

Subject: "D70's on the shelf -- when?" Previous topic | Next topic
hrm Registered since 01st Oct 2003Fri 30-Jan-04 02:37 PM
299 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D70's on the shelf -- when?"

York, US

So I'm reasonably new to the nikon world and don't normally follow new product releases. I'm buying a digital SLR in the very near future and was going to buy a D100. But the D70 has peaked my interest. What is the typical time lag between the anouncement and when we see these D70's being shipped and sold?

My wife and I are going to have our first child in July but I want to get the camera before then to get familiar with it. I don't have any problem buying a like new used D100 so the price point may not be much of a draw. I just bought an sb-80dx (used) with the intention on purchasing a D100 but I'll unload that I guess and look harder at the D70 if it's going to be available sooner than later.

Thanks for the help.

Bob

-Bob

p h o t o - g a l l e r y

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

rutherfordphoto Awarded for his article contributions to the Resources Registered since 27th Aug 2002Fri 30-Jan-04 02:43 PM
5099 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D70's on the shelf -- when?"
In response to Reply # 0

Vancouver, CA

I ordered them for our store yesterday. Nikon Canada seems to think early to mid-March. I hope this is correct. I am letting our D100 inventory slide to minimum levels.

Allan, A Comox Valley Nikonian
Find out more about me on the Nikonians Team Page

~Cheers, Allan~
www.allanschroeder.com

hrm Registered since 01st Oct 2003Fri 30-Jan-04 02:58 PM
299 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D70's on the shelf -- when?"
In response to Reply # 0

York, US

would there be a time where you would sell someone the D100 over the D70? why?

-Bob

p h o t o - g a l l e r y

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Charter MemberFri 30-Jan-04 05:33 PM
18629 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D70's on the shelf -- when?"
In response to Reply # 2

Rancho Cordova, US

Allan, may be off line for a while, but he will answer your post.

Now that wave of excitement is ebbing and I can think straight, I'm seriously considering either. I think I may go for the build quality of the D100 over the technogoodies of the D70, features I don't think I will need - but the jury is still out. But like I said, the reviews still have yet to be published and the images critically reviewed.

Anthony

Find out more about me on the Moderator Page
"The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard."

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #219349 Previous topic | Next topic