nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #219337
View in linear mode

Subject: "D70 weakest link" Previous topic | Next topic
JH Basic MemberFri 30-Jan-04 04:55 AM
1477 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D70 weakest link"

Tampere, FI

To me it seems that batterypack for D70 is the weakest link if it takes only CR2 batteries. I would have preferred support for AA size batteries (or NiMH). At least I am not going to buy MS-D70

Janne

"Sunset is always an experience - but check the ISO speed!"

Visit my site at: http://www.nordicview.fi

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D70 weakest link
vchong
30th Jan 2004
JH
30th Jan 2004
     Reply message RE: D70 weakest link - No way!
DennisMe
30th Jan 2004
vchong
30th Jan 2004
avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
30th Jan 2004

vchong Basic MemberFri 30-Jan-04 05:23 AM
1340 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D70 weakest link"
In response to Reply # 0

Victoria, CA

The D70 takes both three CR2 batteries in the holder or -- and this is the much more preferred choice -- you use the included EN-EL3 lithium-ion battery.

Lithium-ion batteries have a very good shelf life, so buy a spare and keep it in your pocket. Nikon claims that you can get approximately 400 shots per charge on the EN-EL3.

And PS, the MS-D70 is included with the camera but it's not a grip; just a battery holder that fits into the battery chamber.

http://www.finearts.uvic.ca/~vchong/images/vchong.gif

JH Basic MemberFri 30-Jan-04 07:24 AM
1477 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D70 weakest link"
In response to Reply # 1

Tampere, FI

Thanks for clarification
So am I correct that D70 doesn't have batterpack at all ?
Buying spare litium sounds good idea.

Janne

"Sunset is always an experience - but check the ISO speed!"

Visit my site at: http://www.nordicview.fi

DennisMe Registered since 12th Nov 2003Fri 30-Jan-04 08:23 AM
41 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D70 weakest link - No way!"
In response to Reply # 2

Roosendaal, NL

Weak link? No way!

Lithium Ion batteries are so much better than NiMH.
No more memory effect, higher capacity given the same available space, much less affected by low temperatures, great charge retention (they don't need to be recharged, like NIMHs, if you leave them lying around for a month or longer). So you can always have a fully charged spare handy without having to top up the charge regularly. Changing the battery is also much faster with a single LI-Ion pack than juggling four NIMH cells. There's only one drawback: the price.
Being able to use standard lithium cells is a handy plan B feature. You can keep them lying around as 'insurance' for up to five years, then pop them in and shoot.

Dennis.

vchong Basic MemberFri 30-Jan-04 05:00 PM
1340 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D70 weakest link"
In response to Reply # 2

Victoria, CA

If you mean "batterypack" as in the extra grip (like the MB-16 for the F80 or MB-100 for the D100), then no none of the literature so far has made any mention of it at all and as Nikon is pretty up front with what accessories will work and what will not, it seems that no grip will ever make it to market (unless the D70 has the unused electrical contacts on the base of the camera).

http://www.finearts.uvic.ca/~vchong/images/vchong.gif

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Charter MemberFri 30-Jan-04 05:36 PM
18629 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D70 weakest link"
In response to Reply # 0

Rancho Cordova, US

I'm curious about the mirror prism...how bright will the image be? And will the .75x magnification make a big difference over say the .80x magnification of the N80?

Anthony

Find out more about me on the Moderator Page
"The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard."

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #219337 Previous topic | Next topic