Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #219087
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikkor lenses circa 1970-74 & D70" Previous topic | Next topic
JScottR Registered since 03rd Feb 2004Tue 03-Feb-04 05:55 PM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikkor lenses circa 1970-74 & D70"

Unionville, US

Hello to everybody. Just joined & am glad to be aboard. I bought my F body & 135mm lens in NYC in 1970 & my 28mm,55mm,& 43mm-86mm in Japan in 1974. Will these operate with the D70 ? Is a conversion needed ?Hope to join the digital age. Thanks. Scott.

Scott

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Nikkor lenses circa 1970-74 & D70
JMWarren
03rd Feb 2004
JScottR
03rd Feb 2004
Covey22 Moderator
03rd Feb 2004
JScottR
03rd Feb 2004
benveniste Moderator
04th Feb 2004
JScottR
04th Feb 2004

JMWarren Registered since 24th Jun 2002Tue 03-Feb-04 06:01 PM
165 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikkor lenses circa 1970-74 & D70"
In response to Reply # 0

Mississauga/London, CA

I'm pretty sure these will work IF they are converted to ai-p lenses. I'm sure someone else will know more than me.

Mike Warren

Mike Warren

JScottR Registered since 03rd Feb 2004Tue 03-Feb-04 07:26 PM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikkor lenses circa 1970-74 & D70"
In response to Reply # 0

Unionville, US

Thank you, JM. I'll stand by. Scott

Scott

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberTue 03-Feb-04 07:59 PM
10669 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikkor lenses circa 1970-74 & D70"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I don't know about the likelihood of these lenses being converted to AI-P. As far as I know, some manual focus lenses of the AI/AIS variety have some opportunity to have matrix-metering chips installed; thereby making them able to TTL meter with modern bodies like the N80/D100. AI/AIS lenses are usable without modifications with the F100/F5/D1 series/D2 series. I have not heard of any AI-P conversions being available.

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

JScottR Registered since 03rd Feb 2004Tue 03-Feb-04 11:08 PM
#4. "RE: Nikkor lenses circa 1970-74 & D70"
In response to Reply # 3

Unionville, US

Thank you for your reply. A year or so ago, I was told by the Nikon company that the John White Co., of Ann Arbor,Mich. does lens conversions. If I recall correctly: aiconversions.com. I will keep on investigating. Thanks again, Scott.

Scott

benveniste Moderator Awarded for is high level skills in various areas, including Macro and Landscape Photography Nikonian since 25th Nov 2002Wed 04-Feb-04 04:42 PM
9518 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#5. "RE: Nikkor lenses circa 1970-74 & D70"
In response to Reply # 4

Boston Area, US

Thank you for your reply. A year or so ago, I was told by the Nikon company that the John White Co., of Ann Arbor,Mich. does lens conversions. If I recall correctly: aiconversions.com. I will keep on investigating. Thanks again, Scott.

If you can get the lenses converted to AI, they will mount on the D70, but you can only use them in unmetered manual mode. In order to use metering or any auto-exposure mode, you would have to get a chip added as well, effectively converting the lens from AI to AI-P.

"There is no real magic in photography, just the sloppy intersection of physics and art." — Kirk Tuck

JScottR Registered since 03rd Feb 2004Wed 04-Feb-04 05:39 PM
#6. "RE: Nikkor lenses circa 1970-74 & D70"
In response to Reply # 5

Unionville, US

Thank you, benveniste. As I acquire more information I will post it here. Scott

Scott

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #219087 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.